Denzel (Eastgem) frames for mid-drive 3000W+

madin88

10 MW
It seems like high power mid-drives are getting more and more popular. Recently i came across those frames from Eastgem:

http://www.eastgem.net/index.html

here a few pics:

CSlJ7C.jpg

yyIRN4.jpg

FAih45.jpg

LlCksp.jpg

keSqDs.jpg

"Boxxon" frame is completely made of carbon and the bare frame just weights a bit over 2kg!!
"Gross" frame has a Steel main frame with (the same i guess?) swingarm made of carbon.

The motor they are using is a cyclone 3000W (which i believe is similar in performance to a "BigBlock").
what i really like is the 219 chain drive with the large rear sprocket. the large diameter will keep stress on the chain low and a wide range of reduction chan be achieved. the hightest reduction is about 1:9 (11T front and 100T rear) which should give plenty of torque.

I initially was going to convert a frame by my own to a high power middrive by doing the same as Eastgem did (installing the motor below the swingarm), but now i think i will pick one of these :)

With the motor on the swingarm there will be a small disadvantage in rear suspension, but it should be a HUGE improvement compared to a hub drive. the weight of the motor sit very close to the pivot point so the inertia should be very low compared with having the weight directly in the middle of the wheel far behind the damper.

Cool cool! I got the frame kit last year before they even had the option of carbon. Now it does look like there is no more option of steel swingarm. My all steel gross/ spartan isn't the lightest, and the battery sides don't really seal, but I think it is an ideal middrive frame, for very heavy power. I want to be able to easily mod the bike, especially swingarm for motor and/or shock mounts.

I'm sure you've seen recumpence and lightningrod's threads on raptors, which are similar to the gross frame? LR's version has some similarities, and some nice ideas getting implemented on simple attainable power application.

Just a tip, do paypal for any transaction direct with eastgem, and make SURE you are quoted 'to your door' shipping. . . unless you don't mind being surprised with costs and pita factor of actually bringing the merch thru the port yourself! They were a good company to deal with though, with a minimal language barrier.

Denzel stuff is up on aliexpress.com too, and should be quoting the full shipping. In your dealings with them, please let me know if you find anything out about their 24x2.4" tyres. I really like them but don't see them up on aliexpress and didn't get an email reply. I would probably buy 5-10x.

So are you leaning towards a complete carbon kit? Oh man I bet it's light, and esp with a 30kv bht you'd have no prob with 6-8kw. The cyclone is limited by a primary reduction inside the motor I think, though me thinks guys are running up to 6kw. The other option is bzhwind's 70kv bigblock style, though the reduction might be big if you want to run 20s and stay under 40mph top speed.

Here's the one I'll build on some day. I'm toying with the idea of losing the pedals and also going for >10kw. I feel like less power on it would be a waste for how heavy it is, compared to a mountain bike running >6kw.

frame.JPG
100_1596.JPG

This looks like it might be a great frame! I like the middrive mount, Might look into picking one of these up!

Back