VESC and BBS motors

schwibsi

1 kW
Hi,

i've combined my BBS02 with a VESC and a Forumscontroller (by jenkie from the German pedelecforum).
Jenkie was nice enough to adapt the forumscontroller's software to work with the BBS's PAS sensor.
Everything's working fine except for the motor being significantly louder than with the stock controller and the power being less no matter how I program it.
So, I'm wondering if anybody else has attempted the combination and got the BBS to quiet down.
I have two VESCs here and it would be a shame not to be able to use them. I'm open to any input.

Thanks

I use a 4.12 VESC with a GSM (BBS01 clone), and I have absolutely no problems. I get smooth, immediate, solid power from a standstill. So I strongly doubt that the VESC can't be made to work for you.

Have you gone through any videos about calibrating the VESC? I'd recommend doing that first. If you want smooth and quiet, you'll also want to use FOC.

TheEBikeNinja said:
I use a 4.12 VESC with a GSM (BBS01 clone), and I have absolutely no problems. I get smooth, immediate, solid power from a standstill. So I strongly doubt that the VESC can't be made to work for you.

Have you gone through any videos about calibrating the VESC? I'd recommend doing that first. If you want smooth and quiet, you'll also want to use FOC.

TheEBikeNinja - any tips on getting this to work (wiring, VESC calibration etc)? I'm planning to do the same. Thanks.

Back