36T front ring for BBS02

Waynemarlow

10 kW
Hi, having problems locating a front 36T ring for my new BBS02. PreciAlps do a nice looking unit but when you try to buy it, you cannot enter an English address, nor can you go directly to the Paypal which would circumvent the need to fill in a address ( any body else perhaps know of an English dealer of PreciAlps bits ).

I ride in mainly single track with some big climbs and really need the smaller ring, perhaps there's other alternatives like 34T or even 30T that you could recommend but I do some road work getting to and from the best lanes so I think 30T maybe just a tad low.

Thanks

There are many BBS02 104BCD adapters available. Then buy a 36 tooth narrow wide chainring. eg Race Face
or a cheap one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X104+narrow+wide.TRS0&_nkw=104+narrow+wide&_sacat=0

http://ballaratebikes.com/collections/accessories-1/products/bafang-bbs0x-104bcd-chainring-adapter
This is where I purchased a adapter ,took about 2 weeks to arrive ,and also this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182355879926

Yep thats me. Let me know if I can help answer questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is the spiders with the 104 pcd rings on are not far enough offset back towards the motor and can be on the very edge of not getting clean chain lines ? Correct me off I'm wrong as I have a few 104 rings about of various sizes :)

It works well for me on a old 1990 GT frame with 8 gears the 3 Rd smallest is perfectly inline .with the stock chainring it was the 4 th. So only about 4 or 5 mm differences . I will upload a picture if it helps

Depends if the bike has a 51mm chainline nominal or something else - there are so many now its impossible to say.
Bikes with 150mm rears for example are a cinch to set up.
Then again all the ladies dutch vintage I convert are easy with IGH rears also as they have a single speed sprocket onto the IGH.

Got a photo?

I have a brand new 104bcd adapter and 36T narrow wde Race Face chainring for sale in the UK.
Bought for my Cannondale but road speed was too slow for me.
£38 posted which is half price.

It is a 36T chainring "narow wide" that can be mounted directly on the Bafang BBS02

Waynemarlow said:
Hi, having problems locating a front 36T ring for my new BBS02. PreciAlps do a nice looking unit but when you try to buy it, you cannot enter an English address, nor can you go directly to the Paypal which would circumvent the need to fill in a address ( any body else perhaps know of an English dealer of PreciAlps bits

The English address on the website precialps is: Royaume-Uni

Other solution, adapter 104BCD + chainring 36T + bolts but this solution is more expensive

Why all the narrow wide that won't run heavy duty chains for eBikes?

My BBS02 and BBSHD both run happily with standard KMC X93 chains and dont need the extra expense of ebike specific ones.

tomjasz said:

Narrow wide is the best thing since sliced bread if you are doing serious single track. Then again i dont use big power on mid drives so a standard chain is fine for me. 800W is tons especially on a 36 tooth. Bike climbs trees with an 11-34 rear. and 11-42 would be nuts 8)

Lurkin said:
tomjasz said:

Which chains do you have in mind?
The entire line of Wipperman Connex "eBike" chains. I also just read that the 9 speed chain will also not run on the NW. I've been running cheap chains and just changing them out a few time a season. I ride all crank forward frames and need 132 Links. Sunlite are really cheap. But I got the idea I might be served better by a chain designed to take the abuses. BUT all the aftermarket chainwheels are NW. I dare say a lot of us aren't single track riders. BTW the chains are incredible. The quality is immediately apparent. Heavy and very well made. They just don't work. Unless I go to 38T.

So I have a couple of BBS02 and BBSHD chainwheels to flip. I put the 46T OEM chainwheel back on to use one of the chains.

KINNINVIEKID said:
My BBS02 and BBSHD both run happily with standard KMC X93 chains and dont need the extra expense of ebike specific ones.
Yeah I did too. I suckered for the pitch thinking that stouter chains would last longer. I'm back to 132L $9 chains.

Thanks for the replies guys, finally in the process of building up a bike ( Scott Spark RC ) and was recommended to stick with a 42T Leccie ring which with the 36T rear cog should be OK ish. Its line sits nicely on the 4th ring in of the 10spd so pretty much the normal line.

I was going to convert to a 27.5 fat tyre at the same time hence my interest in the 36T but for the moment I will stick to a 2.4 26" as the 2.4" is probably good enough and wide enough with out the problem of the gyro effect of the larger wheel.

Back