1680 Cyclone Drive - High Amperage Draw?

ZenRider

100 µW
Aloha,

I am curious if any body here knows what the standard output of 1680 cyclone system should be under NO load.

Currently my Cycle Analyst is showing about 200-250 watts of draw again under zero load (no chain connected)

Is this normal?

Hi,

There is a motors spreadsheet (i think it was done by Miles) with the cyclone 1680 motor. From memory no load was 1.5A @ 54v. I recorded the numbers without the planetary gearbox. Is too high.

Jake

If you haven't had the gearbox apart, then it is likely the 200W of no load current is mostly the gearbox. Organic grease is thick when its cold, and gets thinner when its hot. "Synthetic high-temp automotive disc brake wheel bearing grease" is designed to retain its designed viscosity whether your car is parked in the snow overnight, or you are driving through the hot desert. You should be able to find a large tube locally for under $10, designed to insert into a "grease gun". Clean out the old factory Cyclone grease and use a LOT of synthetic grease.

If no-load is high with no gearbox, it might be a bad Hall-sensor wire combination. Keep the red/black together and swap around the blue/green/yellow

After the gears and bearing are broken in, they will run smoother, but one of the reasons Cyclone products are so affordable is because they use very affordable components. Check the no-load on the motor with no gearbox. Clean and re-grease, then check no-load with gearbox on. Then....ride for a month, and check no-load again. Please post back here for the benefit of others.

Wont that synthetic (and any other crude oil based lubricant) grease soften up the nylon gears?

bunya said:
Hi,

There is a motors spreadsheet (i think it was done by Miles) with the cyclone 1680 motor. From memory no load was 1.5A @ 54v. I recorded the numbers without the planetary gearbox. Is too high.

Jake

hi!
where i can find motors spreadsheet?

Back