finally I am able to update this post with my new experience with the E-trial.
I have been stuck with the engine problems (unresolved for now) that take me a lot of wasted time (thanks revolt!)
Here my e-trial in a today version
before going in to the details, a very big thanks to all guys that helped me to debug and understand the problem during my first e-trial build.
After painted the frame and made a new support for the original seat and focused my attention on the engine.
To reduce overheating problem I machined a new rear sprocket of 70 Tooth (the maximum size for my CNC machine). I made it with Solidworks, I am totally nubby but I share with you the project.
NOTE: If you want machine a sporcket using my project please double check it before!
http://www.cerberotech.com/etrial/Coron ... o_3.SLDPRT
I put inside the project some parameter so you can change the tooth numbers without loose the correct tooth/sporcket size.
I used a 8 mm aluminium plate with a 420 chain (I need two of them).
The machining process required about 30 ours with a non-professional CNC machine
The result, assembled on the wheel, is in the following image
With a reduction of 13:70 the maximum speed is reduced to a granny speed in a trike (not electrified) ! I think that I can reach more or less about 30/35 Km/h (in a blink of eyes). In a offroad ride on mountains this speed is enough to give you a lot of adrenaline!
Another upgrade made is an active cooling system made with a barbecue fan. As you can see in the pictures on the opposite side of the chain I fixed the fan on a alloy plate.
Unfortunately these settings aren't enough to avoid the overeating. During a long slope the fan do not provide sufficient air flow to keep the engine at low temperature ( a lot of power is wasted).
But I confirm that there is no way that Revolt 120 pro is able to keep 6kw of constant power
. At least my engine. In previous post I made a few test to identify if there is some problem with the hall sensors but all test suggest me that there is nothing wrong with it.
The only way to move forward is to start to play with the Kelly controller settings reducing the phase and battery current. In this weekend I will made a ride to identify the correct settings to avoid overheating.