Upgrade from BBS02 to BBSHD w/ Samsung 29e Battery Pack?

joshseitz

100 W
I have a BBS02 purchased around 2.5 years ago from EM3EV. The secondary reduction had been making a racket for some time and I finally wrecked the pinion, trashing the secondary drive gear at the same time. Luna sells both parts, but the larger drive gear has been out of stock for ages. First, off, does anyone have another source for the secondary reduction gear or know if they're still being produced?

Summer is almost here, and want to ride, so I am debating getting a new drive rather than wait for the gear. I'd like to upgrade to the BBSHD, but not sure if my 2.5 year old battery pack is up to the task. It also came from Paul from EM3EV and is a "high energy" 14S6P (52V/16.8Ah) Samsung 29e triangle pack.

It is a great pack and has been well taken of, I'm just not sure how it will handle the additional current demands of the BBSHD. If it sags too much under load, can I essentially de-tune the BBSHDs controller to act more like the BBS02 (which doesn't sound like much fun)?

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!

It should be okay as it is a 14s pack. Bbshd max draw is at 30A 48v, Im guessing your 52v pack should see lighter amperage draw? Even if it isnt, 29E x6 at 2C discharge still put you in the 30A ball park.

You are living in Oregon,

Have you not heard/read about a few local people in your area that are making a better mid-drive than the Befang ?

The three I list below , have posted that they are making improvements/ newer versions of the mid drives that they already make.

LightningRods is in Eugene I believe.

PaulD in Ashland.

Then there is TangentDave , in Seattle ?

Back