Help with wiring bafang bbso2

Hi there im in desperate need of help . I recently purchased a giant bike from the police that was unclaimed . The police being bright cut all the wires to the controller , battery , and motor I will include some pictures hopefully they work . If your in sydney that would be great help if not pictures to help . Thanks John . Thanks and welcome to the forum .

Attachments

• 20170720_180907-1280x720.jpg
    20170720_180907-1280x720.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,158
  • 20170720_180925-1024x1820.jpg
    20170720_180925-1024x1820.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,721
  • 20170720_180955-800x450.jpg
    20170720_180955-800x450.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,721
Just strip the wires a bit and join them colour to colour. That should be pretty straight-forward; however, there's no guarantee that it'll work afterwards because there's battery voltage in the LCD connector. If that was shorted to any of the other wires during the cutting, it could damage something. Probability is on your side.

Hi,
It would be useful to first determine which model of the BBS drive you have. Should be on a label underneath. Then do a little research on what the wiring should look like - they are all very similar with only 1 or 2 minor variations. How much of the loom did the police leave? Did the cut off the throttle and brake cut-off sensor leads as well? Have the wires been cut at the motor end as well? Do you have the key to the battery box?

Basically you need to decide whether you want to return the loom to its original design, using the appropriate HIGO connectors etc or whether you want to put together something home made. No reason why you can't do the latter - just be prepared to do some research and a bit of work!

If the 2 wire stubs shown in your pic of the display then I imagine you'll need to buy a new loom and maybe a new display. The display is also the control centre for the bike - you can't do without it. As someone has said, you can either buy a new display, or try to source appropriate HIGO connector stubs. Personally - given the challenges of buying the connectors by themselves (or as stubs) it'd be much easier to just buy a new display.

The main loom or bus cable consists of a single central 9-wire cable with a joining connector at one end down near the motor unit and a molded 'node' up near the front of the bike with 4 connector stubs emerging from it - throttle, 2 x brake cut-offs and a connector for the display. You can see it here: http://ebike-sales.co.uk/product/bafang-bbs-bus-cable.

If all of the wires have been cut I recommend you:
- buy a new display (not sure which one you'll need - I think there are at least 2 models)
- buy a new a new throttle and new brake cut-off units - you can decide what style you prefer and they're pretty cheap
- buy a new main cable or bus for the loom.

At the motor end you may also need to also wire in:
- a new 9-pin connector
- an appropriate connector for the speed sensor unit (usually located at the rear wheel)
- new high current connectors between motor and battery.
Important - make sure the battery is always off when you are working on it's cable!!!

Most bits and pieces for the wiring loom can be bought separately from various retailers. I would recommend Paul at EM3ev but there are many others.

Reinhard at e-bike-technologies may be able to help you with all of this. His site is certainly a good source of information and inspiration - see here: https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/. He can also build you a new custom loom and provide all of the HIGO connector stubs you'll need: https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/wiring-harness. Have a good look at the loom diagram maps he's put up at his site...

Sam.

Back