Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
User avatar
3DTOPO   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 383
Joined: Apr 11 2018 2:21am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by 3DTOPO » Feb 21 2020 6:37pm

sens_dep wrote:
Feb 21 2020 12:57pm
Anodizing seems AWESOME. But i don't have a workshop like you guys! lol.
It really doesn't take much as far as a shop goes. Could probably do it on a stove top - use the stove vent fan to mitigate any fumes.

A controllable power supply is best, but you can use low power wall-warts or battery chargers too. Main things you need is a DC power supply, a plastic bucket (could be from leftover food) and diluted sulphuric acid.

Is there anything in particular you can't get?
sens_dep wrote:
Feb 21 2020 12:57pm
Any other solutions that will result in cool /durable coatings?
I haven't done it myself, but there is also powder coating, but an air compressor seems to be needed:


User avatar
sens_dep   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec 13 2019 10:04am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by sens_dep » Feb 22 2020 12:51pm

Just realized the non terminated wire under the seat is for the GPS tracker on the Chinese models... is there a tracker we can wire up to it that would work on the US version? Seems really useful.

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 876
Joined: Dec 26 2013 5:15pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Ohbse » Feb 22 2020 6:14pm

3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 20 2020 10:38pm
X-Nitro wrote:
Feb 20 2020 10:35pm
Generally drop-shippers charge their customers a premium for access to "their" parts, that they don't actually have at all lol.
OK, but it's pure speculation on your part if that is what they are actually doing or not, right?
X-Nitro wrote:
Feb 20 2020 10:35pm
You can just go buy the parts for less from a real dealer, but you do as you please.
I'm seeing behind the site, looks dirty to me.
How are you seeing "behind the site"?
This is Jack Cecil - he's a stand up dude. He's posting a lot of Surron related content on Youtube recently. He's an experienced importer and has a good rep in the performance car scene. He's partnering with ERT and Litespeed which I was initially very suspect of, but to their credit they do appear to be actually delivering products at this point. Maybe it won't be a complete disaster.

I don't think they are drop shipping.

I'm not in any way related, nor do I know him personally - just a long time youtube subscriber.

User avatar
3DTOPO   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 383
Joined: Apr 11 2018 2:21am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by 3DTOPO » Feb 22 2020 6:43pm

sens_dep wrote:
Feb 22 2020 12:51pm
Just realized the non terminated wire under the seat is for the GPS tracker on the Chinese models... is there a tracker we can wire up to it that would work on the US version? Seems really useful.
Pretty sure there isn't.

User avatar
sens_dep   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec 13 2019 10:04am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by sens_dep » Feb 22 2020 8:25pm

3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 22 2020 6:43pm
sens_dep wrote:
Feb 22 2020 12:51pm
Just realized the non terminated wire under the seat is for the GPS tracker on the Chinese models... is there a tracker we can wire up to it that would work on the US version? Seems really useful.
Pretty sure there isn't.
Plug and play, definitely not. But maybe wiring something up. Do schematics exist for the pin out on that connector?

User avatar
st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 245
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by st35326 » Feb 23 2020 7:17am





He may currently have the fastest Sur-Ron in existance at nearly 80mph

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1974
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Merlin » Feb 23 2020 9:20am

*yawn...

75 with 60v battery


JuiceMeUp   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: Mar 20 2017 2:40am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by JuiceMeUp » Feb 23 2020 5:11pm

Merlin wrote:
Feb 20 2020 9:12pm
if you watch the colors looks ERT to me :D

listed under brands ERT and his Litespeed buddy :wink:
Agree.
Jack Cecil was banging on about them in his 70MPH Surron video on YT.
Jack also says he has partnered with ERT and Lightspeed.
I know nothing about Lightspeed but based on my personal dealing with ERT, I wouldn't touch them with a pole.

User avatar
sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mar 18 2011 8:27pm
Location: South Aus.

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by sn0wchyld » Feb 23 2020 10:05pm

JuiceMeUp wrote:
Feb 23 2020 5:11pm
Merlin wrote:
Feb 20 2020 9:12pm
if you watch the colors looks ERT to me :D

listed under brands ERT and his Litespeed buddy :wink:
Agree.
Jack Cecil was banging on about them in his 70MPH Surron video on YT.
Jack also says he has partnered with ERT and Lightspeed.
I know nothing about Lightspeed but based on my personal dealing with ERT, I wouldn't touch them with a pole.
Lightspeed = ERT?

I've heard plenty of grumblings WRT ERT but so far ive heard good stuff WRT lightspeed....

BoostCrzy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 18 2019 9:26am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BoostCrzy » Feb 24 2020 1:08am

Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. I also set the 60v record at 70.6mph GPS verified. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).

-Jack
YouTube.com/jackcecil

User avatar
3DTOPO   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 383
Joined: Apr 11 2018 2:21am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by 3DTOPO » Feb 24 2020 1:15am

BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:08am
Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).
Luna hit over 100mph over a year ago at Laguna Seca before burning up the motor.

I have to say though, I think it is just reckless going over 70 on a Lite Bee. Bicycle brakes and a 8-pound fork just aren't up for the job. Hope you don't kill yourself showing off.

BoostCrzy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 18 2019 9:26am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BoostCrzy » Feb 24 2020 1:30am

3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:15am
BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:08am
Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).
Luna hit over 100mph over a year ago at Laguna Seca before burning up the motor.

I have to say though, I think it is just reckless going over 70 on a Lite Bee. Bicycle brakes and a 8-pound fork just aren't up for the job. Hope you don't kill yourself showing off.
Show me one ounce of gps proof that they hit over 70mph on anything Sur Ron. Please. I dare you.

User avatar
3DTOPO   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 383
Joined: Apr 11 2018 2:21am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by 3DTOPO » Feb 24 2020 1:45am

BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:30am
3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:15am
BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:08am
Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).
Luna hit over 100mph over a year ago at Laguna Seca before burning up the motor.

I have to say though, I think it is just reckless going over 70 on a Lite Bee. Bicycle brakes and a 8-pound fork just aren't up for the job. Hope you don't kill yourself showing off.
Show me one ounce of gps proof that they hit over 70mph on anything Sur Ron. Please. I dare you.
You dare me? What are you, mentally 12?

I have nothing to prove to you and have no affiliation with Luna. I honestly can't care less if you believe it or not. But if you want proof, you are barking up the wrong tree.

It was fairly well documented that they were running it at 28-32KW and showed pictures of the burnt up motor and at least a video of it running (racing a 450 Husqvarna). Someone on this list has first hand knowledge - he was involved with getting it to run at that power. And if you don't think a Sur Ron could do 100+ running at 32kw I guess you are a lost cause.

User avatar
sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mar 18 2011 8:27pm
Location: South Aus.

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by sn0wchyld » Feb 24 2020 2:08am

3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:45am
BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:30am
3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:15am
BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 1:08am
Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).
Luna hit over 100mph over a year ago at Laguna Seca before burning up the motor.

I have to say though, I think it is just reckless going over 70 on a Lite Bee. Bicycle brakes and a 8-pound fork just aren't up for the job. Hope you don't kill yourself showing off.
Show me one ounce of gps proof that they hit over 70mph on anything Sur Ron. Please. I dare you.
You dare me? What are you, mentally 12?

I have nothing to prove to you and have no affiliation with Luna. I honestly can't care less if you believe it or not. But if you want proof, you are barking up the wrong tree.

It was fairly well documented that they were running it at 28-32KW and showed pictures of the burnt up motor and at least a video of it running (racing a 450 Husqvarna). Someone on this list has first hand knowledge - he was involved with getting it to run at that power. And if you don't think a Sur Ron could do 100+ running at 32kw I guess you are a lost cause.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
but my daddy could beat up your daddy. :wink: :P

IIRC it was luke (liveforphysics) that did all the craziness? 700phA apparently has the effect of 'waking up' this motor hahah. Mine's fun enough at 500phA.

User avatar
3DTOPO   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 383
Joined: Apr 11 2018 2:21am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by 3DTOPO » Feb 24 2020 2:12am

sn0wchyld wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:08am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
but my daddy could beat up your daddy. :wink: :P
:lol:
sn0wchyld wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:08am
IIRC it was luke (liveforphysics) that did all the craziness? 700phA apparently has the effect of 'waking up' this motor hahah. Mine's fun enough at 500phA.
Yah, that's who I was thinking of, thanks!
Last edited by 3DTOPO on Feb 24 2020 2:32am, edited 1 time in total.

BoostCrzy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 18 2019 9:26am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BoostCrzy » Feb 24 2020 2:19am

Let’s see some proof then! I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.

User avatar
3DTOPO   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 383
Joined: Apr 11 2018 2:21am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by 3DTOPO » Feb 24 2020 2:32am

BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:19am
Let’s see some proof then!
If you want some proof - there is this magical thing called "Google". Or you could contact Luna and ask them. Do your own damn research.
BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:19am
I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.
Rotten fruit? Who the f do you think you are?

Before you reared your ugly head in this thread, I was trying to stick up for you. But now I'll go out of my way to steer others away from your janky little drop-ship site. Piss off.

BoostCrzy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 18 2019 9:26am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BoostCrzy » Feb 24 2020 9:03am

3DTOPO wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:32am

If you want some proof - there is this magical thing called "Google". Or you could contact Luna and ask them. Do your own damn research.
BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:19am
I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.
Rotten fruit? Who the f do you think you are?

Before you reared your ugly head in this thread, I was trying to stick up for you. But now I'll go out of my way to steer others away from your janky little drop-ship site. Piss off.
I just asked for simple proof. I have plenty of proof for my claim. Videos with multiple gps units to confirm. I’ve challenged lunas claims and instead of producing any proof at all they called me a bunch of names and banned me from their group. That just sealed the fact for me that they are the ones lying. There is no proof because they didn’t do it.

All i ask is that instead of insults and more useless responses, somebody show me proof that i am wrong. A simple video with gps or even an article with some credibility. I’ve searched. Otherwise i wouldn’t make the claim. You said their setup was “fairly well documented” show me the documents? All I’ve found were some factless wheelie videos and a few “race” videos with no technical data or speeds documented.

And as far as the website, I’m sorry you feel that way. You don’t need to defend me, but admitting that you will “steer people away” is pretty petty. I’m just trying to find facts instead of rumors.

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1974
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Merlin » Feb 24 2020 9:12am

What's so special at your surron?
Nothing I can see.

Controller and battery that's it.

Any idiot will get the same result.

BoostCrzy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 18 2019 9:26am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BoostCrzy » Feb 24 2020 9:27am

Merlin wrote:
Feb 24 2020 9:12am
What's so special at your surron?
Nothing I can see.

Controller and battery that's it.

Any idiot will get the same result.
I’m just asking for proof that it’s been done. Has anyone gone faster with gps proof? I’m not trying to argue.

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1974
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by Merlin » Feb 24 2020 10:07am

Maybe Nobody except you need to proof?

As I said. We are not talking 10 years ago about 80mph electric.
Today is just put a controller and battery on and there you are.

If you want to extend your third leg abit more, install 22s or more and you get even faster.

At the end its only the will to spend money in things that doesn't count on a daily use rider =)

BoostCrzy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 18 2019 9:26am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by BoostCrzy » Feb 24 2020 10:15am

Fair enough. I’m not trying to argue. Just sharing my results and asking if anyone else has anything similar to share. If not Then it is what is.

User avatar
macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3613
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by macribs » Feb 24 2020 11:54am

What is it with all the attitude going on here at ES lately? Too many trying to monetize on e-bike? Too many selling their mother and then some to get a fist full of dollars? Come on guys. E-bikes are fun, some even say it is a lifestyle. Let's all try to keep it fun and find other and simpler ways to make our millions. Lets try to keep this forum a happy place to learn, get inspired and see what others are thinkering with rather then slinging mud at each other. I "wise" man once told if you got nothing good to say, say nothing at all. He was wrong plenty of times, and far from wise all said and done, but that line kind of stuck'd with me.

I am not saying be a door math or turn the other cheek all the time, just think about your words and what phrases you keep pushing out from behind your keyboard. If you feel others are wrong, try to get your point across without slinging mud or making things personal rather then to the point.

Ha a nice week all you e-bike freaks and geeks. Ride hard and ride fast.

SlowCo   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1418
Joined: Jan 05 2015 5:43pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by SlowCo » Feb 24 2020 12:38pm

BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 10:15am
Fair enough. I’m not trying to argue. Just sharing my results and asking if anyone else has anything similar to share. If not Then it is what is.

User avatar
sens_dep   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec 13 2019 10:04am

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Post by sens_dep » Feb 24 2020 5:58pm

BoostCrzy wrote:
Feb 24 2020 2:19am
Let’s see some proof then! I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.
If anyone did that on a sur-ron, it was Luke. “Live for Physics Death Bike”. Give that a google.

Here he is at laguna on a fuckin’ bmx frame.
https://youtu.be/KX-ki3pP8YU

I don’t think it’s a good idea to be wagging your “worlds fastest sur-ron” moniker around on this forum. We aren’t your YouTube comments. Anyone with a few brain cells knows all you did was swap a few components.

Hell, I’m smaller than you, bet I can get an identical bike to carry ME faster. Then MINE will be the fastest. LOL. Imagine barking about .6mph on GPS. Sounds like margin of error to me...

Post Reply