Offset Distances for Eclipse Lekkie Needed Please

I'm searching for the offset distances of the 2 most needed chainrings for the BBSHD- I believe that the Luna Eclipse 42T has the most offset to achieve a chain centerline closest to the middle of the rear cassette/freewheel, with the Lekkie 42T coming in second, but I do not have exact mllimeter distances. Do any of you BBSHD enthusiasts have those figures? I purchased a Luna Aluminum Adaptor/42T chianring. but its 12mm offset is not enough to get to my 7 speed cassette's center portion. It's unbelievable that these manufacturers don't list these vital data- I mean, how can you build a mid drive without knowing these distances? Am I the only one to notice?

file.php

Sorry, wrong data. During the last couple days, I read all the reports on offset distances for the BBSHD chainrings. The reports not only contradict eachother, but the errors continue to creep into current threads- like this one. Forget it- the only way to get these data is to buy all 6 and measure it yourself with a caliper. Think I'm kidding?- the above image shows a Lekkie Bling Ring offset distance at 9mm, when it's actually 20.4mm. And Luna's link to this important data is wrong too. They originally had the same erroneous "9mm" Lekkie on their referral, and had to edit the image with a "20.4mm patch"....I mean, something as simple as this turns out to be a huge hassle for anyone wanting to really get down to building a BBSHD with the right information. Hey, maybe Luna wants to badmouth the Lekkie's offset? Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Just a thought, my ebike comrads, trying to filter through the BS to the real thing. Like I said before, if the manufactures, like LUNA LEKKIE, and BAFANG would simply volunteer this data, it'd be alot easier to everyone, right?

Let us know what you find then. Thanks for contributing.

doubledipsoon said:
I'm searching for the offset distances of the 2 most needed chainrings for the BBSHD- I believe that the Luna Eclipse 42T has the most offset to achieve a chain centerline closest to the middle of the rear cassette/freewheel, with the Lekkie 42T coming in second,

That's accurate. Eclipse is the deepest The first set I did were measurements from the table top to the highest point. Off by a few MM, but not much more.

My original, before having good measurement tools is on Eclipse makers forum. Done with a steel rule. But here's a visual.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 9.50.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 9.50.55 AM.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,801
Lekkie fit my 7 speed Townies and Smoothie, best. Less like jewelry and more like a nicely made, subdued, bike part.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,807
I'm curious about the offset on the 36t chainring, it seems to be just as elusive as the others: https://lunacycle.com/luna-one-bbshd-36-tooth-sprocket/

Attachments

• BBSHD_MIGHTY_MINI_36T_BLACK__16796.1499738347.1280.1280.jpg
    BBSHD_MIGHTY_MINI_36T_BLACK__16796.1499738347.1280.1280.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,298
I just installed my black Lekkie 42T Bling Ring on my 68mm BB- OK, it lines up perfectly with the CENTER cog (4th) of a 7 cog freewheel. My initial chainring, that worthless Luna Aluminum Adaptor42T Sprocket lined up with the 7th gear cog. I'll admit, the crappy chainline did not produce a chain deraillment, probably because of the narrow wide tooth configuration. This Lekkie has gained my about 18mm offset distance, towards the middle of the bike. (only an approximation).....And just think, I didn't have to buy one of those over-rated shinny and really luxurious-looking Eclipses. Just between you and I, I think they're WORSE looking than the stock Bafang 46T chainrings. I mean, how much jewelry do you want hanging off your electric bike?

m4k3r said:
I'm curious about the offset on the 36t chainring, it seems to be just as elusive as the others: https://lunacycle.com/luna-one-bbshd-36-tooth-sprocket/

None. Its to small to have offset.

Back