Can I convert the new vector lite to a middrive ?

Jestronix

10 kW
I'm starting to think I could mount a motor in the swing arm if I ran a smaller wheel. I'd run the chain on the left side.

Think it can be done ?

tBIdncX_d.jpg

GgedVRq_d.jpg

Im thinking Bigblock motor will fit with a 24" tyre. Just need to work out the gearing, Maybe an LMX rear wheel ? I think LMX run the bigblock to a 60T.

In theory I should have a 4.5 kw continuous and a burst of 6kw. Nearing what i was going to do with the mxus anyway. No more heavy hub. mmmm this is a very tempting conversion.

Aww mid drive would be cool im sure someone will do it soon. These bikes look so nice in the black color. I bought one but got a ugly color for the fun of it! Im just doing a simple hub too, have other mid bikes already. Good luck on your build

Subd

Looks sick tho! Nice job

Looks powerful whats peak?

why is the front tire smaller than the rear?

Hey thanks, yeh front is 26 as well, it's a thicker rim so it looks smaller. Peak at the moment is 6.5kw with nice torque @ 220 phase. Plan to up it to 9Kw - 10kw.

couple of things I don't like with this frame are the battery cover bolts are prone to turning, I had to cut one bolt to open the cover. Also whilst the sides look cool, they are not water tight, in fact they trap water so that it will pool in the battery compartment. I plan on running silicone on the inside to stop water ingress. Also I wasn't able to use the bottom hole on the swing arm suspension pivot, meaning the bike sits lower, but the upper joints allow adjustment so it wasn't an issue. Other thing is I can't access my suspension are port to put air in. But each shock would be different.

The frame overall is good quality,

Did you try turning the shock around?

Sucks about the bolts spinning and not being water tight..I have one of these frames in the mail already!

hi

What about lateral rigidity ? Is the wingarm going right and left easily when you apply torsion ? (Im not saying it does, I'm just asking, as this would actually be a good frame for my girlfriend who wants a light one)

csc said:
hi

What about lateral rigidity ? Is the wingarm going right and left easily when you apply torsion ? (Im not saying it does, I'm just asking, as this would actually be a good frame for my girlfriend who wants a light one)

Lateral regidity is fairly poor, as it's mostly dependant on the play in the suspension, I thighted things up and tried to make things as snug as I could and managed ok rigidity. No problem for a light build. I didn't notice it will riding even @ 6w

skeetab5780 said:
Did you try turning the shock around?

Sucks about the bolts spinning and not being water tight..I have one of these frames in the mail already!

Yeh I had the shock the other way round but couldn't access the air nozzle. But I'll have to turn it back round so it dampens properly. Side panels could be sealed with some silicone. Yeh I could have been to blame for the bolt turning, I used a drill to tighten, I do them all by hand now.

What is the length of the rear shock, from center of bolt hole to frame to center of bolt hole to swingarm ? ( eye to eye )

How much was shipping to Australia and how long did it take ?

I can't break this little powervelocity controller :) I pushed 220 phase with 100amps at 98v :) over and over, this little thing just won't die :) its actually a great match for the 3k mxus. No issues with the vector lite in the 8 to 10 kw range too. The hookworm is great at this power too, no rim slipping even when I run low pressure. They produce a pretty good contact area and only really saw traction loss in the muddy stuff :) After running this mxus v2 for a few years at power I have to say the only issue I have is the phase wires are too small :) tempted for a mxus v3 turbo in a very small moto rim with 12kw or so. The hubsinks are a must and lots of trans oil. I'm really hesitant to go anything heavier than a mxus unless I was going into a different frame :)

Still to this day waiting for a water cooled light hub. Middrive complexities and noise still make me a hub fan :)

which controller, 18fet?

Back