TSDZ2 Blue Gear

Daytriker

10 W
My new Blue Gear arrived today so I thought I would post some photos & guidelines for the replacement steps as they are not exactly intuitive. In the first photo you can see the old gear assembly as it sits attached to the motor. On top of the metal Helical Gear is a small bearing, this simply lifts off. In the second photo you can see the blue gear partially raised on the shaft. This needs to be carefully pried up from the base using a flat blade screw driver. Once this is completely off you can see the Blue Gear Assembly in photo 4. This where I am not sure is the best way to proceed. In photo 4 there is a spur gear on the left of the Blue Gear & this looks like it may have a roll split pin down the center of the shaft to hold the gear on. At the other end is the bearing which looks like it may be a star (?) clip to hold the bearing on the shaft. Do I need a Gear Puller to remove the metal gear or does the clip at the other end just pry off the shaft? In the last photo you can see how the replacement gear is shipped. Thank you for your answers.

Attachments

• Gear 1.jpg
    Gear 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,375
  • Partial Removal.jpg
    Partial Removal.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,376
  • Screw Driver.jpg
    Screw Driver.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,376
  • Gear Assembly.jpg
    Gear Assembly.jpg