Looks like an LMX Copy

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2127
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by skeetab5780 » Jan 26 2018 3:08pm

The real question is....

Is that picture photo shopped? Or does that thing really exist

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Jan 27 2018 11:31am

skeetab5780 wrote:
Jan 26 2018 3:08pm
The real question is....

Is that picture photo shopped? Or does that thing really exist
so I'm guessing you don't have facebook???

there are lots of video of the RevX bike in action and pics from early prototypes to the green bike and then the grey bike as you follow the product development..

also Mrazek is a respected frame builder in the pedal bike and downhill realm.. its no huge surprise that frame builders are entering the ebike and emoto "sphere"... 8)
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2127
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by skeetab5780 » Jan 27 2018 11:49am

Ya I rarely log onto that site, it gets me in trouble with the wifey

not worth it!

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 10 2018 3:15pm

2018 Mrazek RevX has entered serial production.. pics and video on phasebook : 8)

https://www.facebook.com/elektromotorka/
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 18 2018 12:44pm

for those sphericals not using phasebook..

the 2018 Mrazek RevX website has been updated! :mrgreen:

Image

http://www.mrazek.com

Mrazek YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzTx2v ... D3YvS4C85g

8)
Last edited by efMX Trials Electric Freeride on Feb 18 2018 2:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

SlowCo   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 918
Joined: Jan 05 2015 5:43pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by SlowCo » Feb 18 2018 1:31pm

Wow the 2018 Mrazek RevX looks amazing quality. But that will come at a serious price I suspect. Good to see such great developments though.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 18 2018 1:34pm

SlowCo wrote:
Feb 18 2018 1:31pm
Wow the 2018 Mrazek RevX looks amazing quality. But that will come at a serious price I suspect. Good to see such great developments though.
I think that mrazek revx will retail for around $6k..
so more than a Sur-ron but less than an lmx??
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
DanGT86   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 599
Joined: Sep 06 2012 9:18pm
Location: Saint Louis MO

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by DanGT86 » Feb 18 2018 4:44pm

That is some awesome looking work at every stage! I really love the look of it and the overmachining of parts past the point of function. I think it represents a very good work ethic and pride in the product.

The thing I really dont understand is going through the huge design expense and effort to still end up with the same battery and motor hung in a vulnerable spot under the "downtube". Thats so much work just to end up dealing with the same crap that us guys deal with on regular bicycle frames. Why give the precious in-frame real estate to the shock?

Not trying to crap on the designers like I know better. I'd just love to hear the thought process on those packaging choices.

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2127
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 19 2018 12:15pm

Its so sick! Even sexier than before somehow! Looks like you could slam the motor pretty good on downed trees and rocks

Id buy one if I hit the lotto

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 19 2018 12:42pm

DanGT86 wrote:
Feb 18 2018 4:44pm
That is some awesome looking work at every stage! I really love the look of it and the overmachining of parts past the point of function. I think it represents a very good work ethic and pride in the product.

The thing I really dont understand is going through the huge design expense and effort to still end up with the same battery and motor hung in a vulnerable spot under the "downtube". Thats so much work just to end up dealing with the same crap that us guys deal with on regular bicycle frames. Why give the precious in-frame real estate to the shock?

Not trying to crap on the designers like I know better. I'd just love to hear the thought process on those packaging choices.
I've seen pics of the revx with a moto style skid plate to protect the motor and the battery is inside a protective encasement.. with these components mounted outside of the bike mainframe makes the frame as minimalistic and light weight as possible and makes the bike design more modular with the possibility of different sized motor and battery options..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 19 2018 2:34pm

ok guys i made a separate thread about the Mrazek RevX so lets take it over there for further discussion about the bike and any product development ideas, etc..

example : who else would like to see a pedal kit option made available for the RevX and how might that be implemented (without infringement on the patent designs of any competitors)..

here is the Mrazek RevX thread : :arrow:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=92924
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 19 2018 2:39pm

motomoto wrote:
Oct 02 2017 12:13am
There is a good image 16 seconds in. Looks like an LMX to me.
ok back to the original post.. any of you ES sleuths out there that can find out who is the manufacturer of this kuberg / lmx cross looking electric freeride bike??? :?:

Edit : found it using google image search.. :

its an italian brand..

Image

Image



http://www.dynamo.run

looks like it may be a good price point electric freerider..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

SlowCo   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 918
Joined: Jan 05 2015 5:43pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by SlowCo » Feb 19 2018 6:58pm

They seem to use rewrapped MultiStar 20Ah LiPo packs. That might be a little dangerous for the average user... :shock:
Rebranded LiPos.png

Antenor   100 W

100 W
Posts: 117
Joined: May 09 2016 9:38am

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by Antenor » Feb 20 2018 4:32am

I didnt found the price...

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 20 2018 10:29am

Antenor wrote:
Feb 20 2018 4:32am
I didnt found the price...
one their website the bike is advertised as "affordable" .. maybe contact the manufacturer for pricing and let us know?? I'm going to guess around $3k for the dynamo electric freerider...
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Antenor   100 W

100 W
Posts: 117
Joined: May 09 2016 9:38am

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by Antenor » Feb 21 2018 4:23am

When you say a good price point i assumed that you know the price...

Antenor   100 W

100 W
Posts: 117
Joined: May 09 2016 9:38am

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by Antenor » Feb 21 2018 4:36am

For price information

www.dynamo.run/kickstarter

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 21 2018 11:25am

Antenor wrote:
Feb 21 2018 4:23am
When you say a good price point i assumed that you know the price...
Antenor wrote:
Feb 21 2018 4:36am
For price information

www.dynamo.run/kickstarter
looks like i hit the nail on the head.. complete dynamo electric freerider starting at $3.3k.. 8)
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Antenor   100 W

100 W
Posts: 117
Joined: May 09 2016 9:38am

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by Antenor » Feb 21 2018 1:51pm

I think 3.3 is without battery....not so affordable if we compare to sur ron.

With battery match the price is almost thevsame that a lmx

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 21 2018 2:00pm

Antenor wrote:
Feb 21 2018 1:51pm
I think 3.3 is without battery....not so affordable if we compare to sur ron.

With battery match the price is almost the same that a lmx
I had another look and you are correct.. it still seems like a decent value for a diy roller build, just add lipo.. I wonder if they might offer just the frame for sale.. that would make the price of entry even much lower..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2127
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 23 2018 1:31pm

at 3.3k with no battery this is no value really...and selling lipo for a battery is a nice way to keep the costs down but they should include 1 battery and 1 charger with the bike at 3.3k. And you can also take into account the LIPO wont last as long as the 18650 pack in the Sur-ron

Its price and specs are more based around the Kuberg, both bikes are single stage reduction and both bikes are regular bicycle rear shock. I own a Kuberg so i'm not dogging it in any way, but I have a feeling most ebike prices will either have to come down, or Sur-ron is going to steadily raise their price $1000 a year to match.


Id buy a Sur-ron any day before both of the above bikes if I had $3500 for a turn key bike. You get more bang for your buck and it has all the bells and whistles. But by the time im ready to buy it will likely be over $5k :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 23 2018 1:44pm

skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 23 2018 1:31pm
at 3.3k with no battery this is no value really...and selling lipo for a battery is a nice way to keep the costs down but they should include 1 battery and 1 charger with the bike at 3.3k. And you can also take into account the LIPO wont last as long as the 18650 pack in the Sur-ron

Its price and specs are more based around the Kuberg, both bikes are single stage reduction and both bikes are regular bicycle rear shock. I own a Kuberg so i'm not dogging it in any way, but I have a feeling most ebike prices will either have to come down, or Sur-ron is going to steadily raise their price $1000 a year to match.


Id buy a Sur-ron any day before both of the above bikes if I had $3500 for a turn key bike. You get more bang for your buck and it has all the bells and whistles. But by the time im ready to buy it will likely be over $5k :)
of course it is very difficult for anyone to compete with china on price due to their low wages, and they already have all the factories and manufacturing capacity there.. but this is the first time that china has actually produced a great product that competes not only on price but also quality.. unfortunately (imo), doesn't seem like Dynamo will come to market anytime soon if at all because they will not meet their kickstarter funding goal by the campaign expiration (not even close) and the campaign is advertised as "all or nothing".. maybe next time they should try to produce a more "unique" product instead of something so similar to their competition;) ..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2127
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 26 2018 5:30pm

Doesnt look like this is getting funded, odd i just noticed the lipo pack is only 25volts 20ah...they must be pumping some high amperage in that bike.

I do like how the motor is swingarm mounted so there is no chain growth unlike the kuberg, but a tensioner is not the end of the world

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1123
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 28 2018 11:33am

skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 26 2018 5:30pm
Doesnt look like this is getting funded, odd i just noticed the lipo pack is only 25volts 20ah...they must be pumping some high amperage in that bike.

I do like how the motor is swingarm mounted so there is no chain growth unlike the kuberg, but a tensioner is not the end of the world
maybe the battery voltage was a typo, or you run two in series for 50volts??..

I had not noticed before until you mentioned it that the swingarm apparently extends forward past the swingarm pivot and into the main frame area with the motor mounted on the swingarm forward end and not the bike main frame.. so that the motor moves with the swingarm thereby keeping chain tension constant but without the motor size and location limiting tire diameter as it would if it was mounted behind the swingarm pivot.. interesting design and difficult to see that detail from the pictures.. :idea:
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2127
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Looks like an LMX Copy

Post by skeetab5780 » Mar 02 2018 11:35am

Ya it would have to be two batts in series you would think, otherwise they are claiming 240A draw with their KW ratings

Post Reply