bbs01 36v 500w stator

rio9210

100 mW
Is there anyone that has the scheme/draw of the copper winding related to the first bbs01 (not "B" version, but "old" 2015 version) rated at 36V and 500W?

Alternatively, how can be calculated the necessary number of copper wire loops requested to reach the desired specs - 36V voltage, 500W power ?

I've asked online several bafang parts sellers, but nobody has stators as spare parts. And I suspect prices wouldn't be so "popular"...

Speady said:
Did you fry the windings?
Then I would go for a bare motor.
You could sell the used drive unit in parts to cover some of your expenses.

No, just want to rewind a 250W motor to 500W, I've already bought the 25A controller.

Speady said:
The rotor of the 500W (BBS02) is ~5mm larger than the 250/350W (BBS01). So the stator will be larger too.
That's the main reason for the weight difference between bbs01 and 02.

In fact, I've NEVER asked for the BBS02 rotor/stator, but for the BBS01 one. I know the BBS02 is a different motor.

What makes you think you can rewind the BBS01 to handle twice it's standard power? If the copper mass isn't substantially increased then neither is the continuous power handling capability. You can wind it for higher speed, but you can achieve the same thing by increasing the voltage, either way it's still going to handle approximately the same amount of wattage because it has approximately the same amount of mass.

dustNbone said:
What makes you think you can rewind the BBS01 to handle twice it's standard power? If the copper mass isn't substantially increased then neither is the continuous power handling capability. You can wind it for higher speed, but you can achieve the same thing by increasing the voltage, either way it's still going to handle approximately the same amount of wattage because it has approximately the same amount of mass.

The fact that IT WAS AVAILABLE the 500W version of the BBS01 makes me think that rewinding the stator with proper number of windings and same (as for 500W) copper diameter wire, and installing a 25A controller, brings in the same 500W motor that was on shelves two years ago (roughly...).
Alternatively, would be useful some math/physics formula, which - using as a start point the number of windings and wire diameter of 250W unit - can output the 500W numbers.

Some numbers of the stator of the BBS01 motor:

Internal diameter is 59.9 mm
External diameter is 98.0 mm
Air-gap radius is 29 mm
The tooth face is 8.2x24.7 mm

There is no 500w version of the bbs01.The 500w is a bbs02 which has a 5mm vider motor.Thats the diffrence from your motor.You can buy a 500w motor only from em3ev and a 25 a conroller.If you think it is worth it.

Back