My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
User avatar
brake034   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: Jun 16 2019 3:40am

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by brake034 » Nov 09 2019 7:52pm

FlyingFinn wrote:
Nov 09 2019 9:15am
Nobody has demanded or even expected that Frey comes here to solve things. This is FYI -type of communication to all other owners of the bike. Don’t worry, I assume people are clever enough to handle the warranty negotiations in AliBaba.

Are you signalling that we should hush things up?
If the discussion is about a potentially weak rear hub, that gives way when ridden hard, than this discussion is a good thing to have. The Frey team can consider these claims and come up with a remedy in direct communication or even here on the forum.

It seems that Frey is the only ebike manufacturer that is actually engaged in directly communicating with it's users, here on this platform, via direct e-mail and other channels.
The main stream, major ebike manufacturers all use their distribution channels to handle claims and are not engaged at all in direct communications, especially not when it comes to claims of which I see many on various Facebook channels.

That's part of what Frey is all about, wanting to be a co-making, co-creating community of riders all over the world, not just sell ebikes!

Where things could go south is when claimers start using the public nature of this platform in order to pressurize Frey on the financial part of their claim. This can affect the technical discussion negatively and could cause Frey (in this case) to walk away.
If this happens often it could cause Frey to get media shy and no longer participate on this platform, which would be a loss.

Best to discuss the financial part of the claim off forum, either via email or the ordering platform used.
Frey brand ambassador.....

Sinbord1981   100 W

100 W
Posts: 103
Joined: Apr 13 2019 1:31am

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by Sinbord1981 » Nov 10 2019 1:36pm

I’d also say that the fact we’re on iteration v5.0 of the AM1000 is testament that Frey have listened to feedback from customers and real life usage of their bikes to continue to innovate and develop the platform. The new EX and other models build on this iterative development methodology.

Yes I am a little biased probably as I’m now acting as direct sales point for prospective customers in the UK but for any minor issues I’ve had, Frey have been extremely response and resolved issues without quibble. I’m on quite a few other eBike forums in the UK and there are so many reports of issues with other bikes too (your Brose, Shimano, Haibikes etc). Let’s try to stay behind Frey on this forum and help guide them in the development to what we want to see in the future. They are listening and improving all the time. Thanks guys.

FlyingFinn   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Jan 03 2018 7:48pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by FlyingFinn » Nov 10 2019 3:18pm

Sinbord1981 wrote:
Nov 10 2019 1:36pm
I’d also say that the fact we’re on iteration v5.0 of the AM1000 is testament that Frey have listened to feedback from customers and real life usage of their bikes to continue to innovate and develop the platform. The new EX and other models build on this iterative development methodology.

Yes I am a little biased probably as I’m now acting as direct sales point for prospective customers in the UK but for any minor issues I’ve had, Frey have been extremely response and resolved issues without quibble. I’m on quite a few other eBike forums in the UK and there are so many reports of issues with other bikes too (your Brose, Shimano, Haibikes etc). Let’s try to stay behind Frey on this forum and help guide them in the development to what we want to see in the future. They are listening and improving all the time. Thanks guys.
I still think my FAT1000 was a good purchase. Price-point was excellent. You can maybe understand being a bit upset for finding out the hard way AliBaba-warranty isn’t the same thing as European warranty and having to cover part of the damages from my own wallet.

Best thing Frey could do in this situation is to maybe send an example of each of their rear wheel to their current partner or a specific distributor service in Europe. Then if these failures replicate themselves as unfortunately is quite likely we could atleast get our replacements within a few days. The cost of this would be negligent because there are only a few sizes of rear wheels.

shap08   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 16 2019 9:52pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by shap08 » Nov 10 2019 10:42pm

Quick questions if anyone can help, I got send the wrong charger, it was US AC input and not AUS. Can I cut the plug and wire it onto this charger?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305465 ... b201603_52

FlyingFinn   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Jan 03 2018 7:48pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by FlyingFinn » Nov 11 2019 8:32am

shap08 wrote:
Nov 10 2019 10:42pm
Quick questions if anyone can help, I got send the wrong charger, it was US AC input and not AUS. Can I cut the plug and wire it onto this charger?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305465 ... b201603_52
Do you have the 48V or the 52V battery? If you have the 48V battery which is the normal one that comes with the bike YOU RISK FIRE AND EXPLOSION!

Hardcore   100 W

100 W
Posts: 115
Joined: Mar 22 2018 7:19pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by Hardcore » Nov 11 2019 9:36am

shap08 wrote:
Nov 10 2019 10:42pm
Quick questions if anyone can help, I got send the wrong charger, it was US AC input and not AUS. Can I cut the plug and wire it onto this charger?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305465 ... b201603_52
Hi shap08,
Hope you're enjoying the HT1000, let us know how it handles with the moto tyres and 52v system.

I assume you're talking about the AC input here.
The charger takes AC inputs from 110V-260V AC, 47 to 63Hz so there you won't get any problems as AUS is 230V 50Hz. So yes you can wire it to your AUS connector if you have one. Alternatively, if you have any old PC power supply cable those can be directly plugged into the charger as well, hence no cutting.

Yes, this is a 14S (58.8Vmax) charger designed for "52v" batteries.

Map Paddy   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Oct 07 2018 4:30pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by Map Paddy » Nov 11 2019 12:01pm

I've got a ht1000 and want to swap to am1000 has anyone done this think it should be pretty simple if I just buy frame and shock from Frey Or maybe a different frame that I can use same battery in ohh and I also had a hub failure frey sent me new hub but I instead went with new wheel set that I got on sale still happy with bike overall just need rear suspension as riding progressing

Hardcore   100 W

100 W
Posts: 115
Joined: Mar 22 2018 7:19pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by Hardcore » Nov 11 2019 4:25pm

Unfortunately, on August 3 Ivy announced Frey will not sell separate frames anymore (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91035&start=1475)

formula101   1 W

1 W
Posts: 60
Joined: Jun 05 2019 2:19am

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by formula101 » Nov 11 2019 4:34pm

I wish flyingfinn would go take a flying f--k off this forum. How does he get away with creating endless dupe accounts?

Fortunately, there are well informed rational people in this thread, so I'm thankful for that.

FlyingFinn   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Jan 03 2018 7:48pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by FlyingFinn » Nov 11 2019 4:44pm

formula101 wrote:
Nov 11 2019 4:34pm
I wish flyingfinn would go take a flying f--k off this forum. How does he get away with creating endless dupe accounts?

Fortunately, there are well informed rational people in this thread, so I'm thankful for that.
I’m just starting to like you my darling. Let’s ride together with our bikes into the sunset ❤️❤️❤️😘

Locked