BBSHD speed sensor torn off

sleepless

1 mW
Hello!

today was my first ride with my new BBSHD. Somehow I managed to "loose" my speed sensor. In fact it's torn off (as you can see in the picture attached).

24167222_10208377147421217_932038912_o.jpg

Well, how can I replace it? I think just a new speed sensor won't help, right? I think I'd need to replace the cable also. But how and where can I get one?

The second question is: Can I ride without it (at least for now)? It seems to work first but after a while it shows an error. Turning on and off works (for a while). Is there a way without restarting all the time? I have to mention that I currently have no programming cable though.

I appreciate your help!

PS: I already posted this on electricbike.com but haven't got any response. Since it currently isn't moving at all anymore I hope you can help me solving this :(

Various places have parts for sale

Lunacycle, Em3ev, biktrix,

Or the place you bought it

Thanks for your reply. I know where I can get the speed sensor itself but the cable is broken. Please take a look at this picture. It's from the Luna install video:

luna.jpg

This little connector is missing as you can see in the picture in my original post. How can I fix it? Where can I get a replacement for this? I think I have to open the motor-case and install a new cable but where can I get one?

Thanks again!

This has the correct connector on one end, I'd just splice that on your existing cable. Wire colors will all match up, just solder and heat shrink them together. Might want to put some liquid electrical tape stuff under the heat shrink for extra waterproofing, as that cable is usually routed through pretty yucky wet spots.

https://lunacycle.com/bafang-8-speedo-extension-cable/

They come in longer lengths as well, but the 8" one is cheapest

I don't see the sensor itself currently listed on Luna, but there's plenty of other suppliers of BBSxx parts. I don't have personal experience with any of them though, so I can't recommend one.

The system should work fine without it, but you'll get that error after the motor runs for a few seconds without getting a signal from the speed sensor.

If you set your desired power level before you set off riding, your throttle should work just fine. Not sure about the PAS because I physically disabled that soon after I installed my BBS02.

Another one of the items I always have in my kit as a backup!

California eBikes ships first class tracked, CHEAP.

Lol and another one of the reasons I biffed the Bafang controller and replaced it with a Grinfineon and just a throttle. Never been so trouble free in my ebiking life!

I turn on the (built in) power switch and hit the throttle. Off she goes. Every time.

The connector looks intact in the first picture. I think you just need the sensor. Try unscrewing the ring on the end of your cable remains.

Back