Help with Cyclone 3000w gear ratio

NirMalka4

1 µW
Hey,
I'm a proud owner of Cyclone 3000W.
Photo of the bike: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sa0cghvESHISYk6YMCUjbgmqVF5QzKmI/view?usp=drivesdk
I'm now using single speed drive train: 14T motor freewheel drive 44T chainring, 40T front chainring drive Surly 17T rear cog.
My battery is homemade, 13S6P, 54.6V off charge, 15A, 60Amps peak. Samsung 25R cells.
I'm using the stock controller, but I enable the high RPM mode.
My top speed is 35 MPH. Cruise at approximately 28 MPH.
I'm looking for increase my speed. I'm considering using 36T chainring on drive chain (motor-crank), instead of the 44T chainring.
From your experience, will it work?
May you suggest another way to increase the speed, by only changing the gear and without wear the motor.
Thank in advance!

Keep in mind that if you change the gearing to make it faster, you also lower the startup torque, which lowers acceleration from a stop.

How much lower depends on the system itself, your weight, the ratio change, etc.

If the controller will take it, and the motor can handle the extra power, you can up the voltage of the battery, which will increase the top speed without lowering the startup torque (it may increase it).

Thanks for answering.
I can not increase the battery voltage, since it requires building a new Li-on pack.
I'm aware that changing the gearing probably decrease the acceleration from start, but increase the top speed is my priority right now, as long as it not wear the motor.
May you suggest another way that increase the battery voltage?
BTW, I'm light weight, 150 LBS, the Ebike weights 50 lbs.

If the system will handle the higher voltage (you'd have to check that before trying it or it will damage/destroy the electronics), but you can't add a series pack to your existing one (or modify the existing one), there are boost converters (search the forum for that phrase) that can raise the voltage output of the pack into the controller.

How well they'll work for what you want depends on the total system load, whcih you'd need to check your wattmeter (or get one if you don't have one) to determine.

Back