I bought a Bafang Ultra full suspension fat bike from Alibaba.com

woggs1

1 mW
So I recently bought a full suspension fat ebike with a 1000 Watt Bafang Ultra mid drive from a seller on Alibaba.com. At the time there were not many options for a fat bike with the ultra, either that or I didn't search enough, probably a little bit of both.

Akita Fat Bike 3r.jpg

I have to admit I didn't do too much research on what components and what not I wanted, I figured I would get the full suspension and that I could change out any components I wanted later on. I did get the hydraulic brake upgrade for $50 and an extra battery for $265. Of course after I agreed to the $265 price she comes right back and adds another $50 for shipping so if you go this route be sure to get the whole price including shipping before agreeing to a price :D. The shipping for the bike from China to my house in California was $567.00. They sent it by UPS and it took only a few days. The bike came out to $1349 before shipping. After I got the bike there was a customs duty that I had to pay to UPS for around $260 before they would release the bike. I heard other people didn't get hit with customs duty, so I am not sure what that is all about, maybe they were honest when they declared the value? I also got a couple of extra derailleur hangers for $12 each. The grand total for everything was $2565.00. Dealing the the seller's customer service rep had some challenges. I explain some of that in this video I made for youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQgGLCc__l4

Ultimately I am very happy with this bike. The torque on it is incredible, it just tears right up any hill like nothing, and I weigh 200 pounds. If I were to do it again I would have got a rear cassette with better climbing gear because where I live the trails are steep and long. I think that is one of the first things I am going to upgrade I just have to do some research on what to get (any suggestions for a 8 speed with a climbing gear?).

Here is the spec sheet for the bike:

Quotation of Electric Bicycle
Products Series: Model Name: AKITA Validity: Before 2017-12-31
Electric Specification
1 Motor type (Middle Drive) 3nd generation,Bafang Brand
2 Motor Power 48V1000W
3 Working Style PAS with Torque Sensor
4 PAS Type 1:1 with 0-5 Level
5 Controller BAFANG
6 Display Bafang
7 Head Light LED
8 Rear Light /
9 Battery Type Lithium battery, Samsung
10 Battery Voltage & Capacity * "48v 16ah3200Samsung)
"
11 Charger Voltage 50-60HZ, AC90-240V
Bodywork Specification
1 Body Size 9 Front Fork Alloy with suspension
2 Frame Material Aluminum Alloy 6061# 10 Derailleur Shimano 8-speed tourney
3 Folded / 11 Stem Promax, Aluminum
4 Available Colors Black white 12 Saddle PU
5 Handlebar Aluminum Alloy 13 Seat Post Alloy
6 Brake Lever Tektro Cut-off while braking 14 Rim * Alloy Wall 80mm in matt black
7 Front Brake Tektro Disc brake 180mm 15 Wheel Size and tire 26”*4.0inch
8 Rear Brake Tektro Disc brake 180mm 16
Performance
1 Max Speed 45-50KM/H 5 Loading Capacity 100KG
2 Max Speed Adjustable Adjust by LCD 6 Charge Time 5-6H
3 Climbing 20.0% 7 Charge Circle Life >600times
4 Range per Charge 65KM 8
Business Item
1 Certification EN15194 approved 5 Transport Package Carton
2 HS Code 8711600010 6 Package Size 150*27*90CM
3 G.W. 22KG 7 Container Loading 20”- 78PCS 40”- 192PCS
4 N.W. 19KG 8

(any suggestions for a 8 speed with a climbing gear?)

Last I looked the best you can do with a Shimano was HG31 or HG41 11-34T. Haven't looked at SRAM, but they didn't seem to go to 34.
But the Sunrace M680 is an 11-40T cassette. You can find it on ebay.

Alternatively, you can always punch out pins and add a big cog, which is what I've done. Spacing of gears could be a bit tricky with anything 11 at the bottom and over 40 with only an 8 speed.

This looks very similar to the Frey AM1000 does it not??

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91035

I have an open order for what appears to be this same bike, from a different supplier. I didn't have much luck getting information from Merry Gold over the span of a couple weeks. Bao Gui provided pictures that actually match what the OP received, so I assume I'll be receiving the same bike. Lead time is longer from Bao, but the pre-sale service has been markedly better.

$1994 door-to-door via Fedex air with two spare hangers, no second battery. Base package already comes with tektro E500 hydraulic brakes and that same suspension seat post. They claim the current battery is 17Ah utilizing Samsung cells.

$200 more if one wants a Deore 10-speed setup. I wanted to stick with something 7/8 speed for a stronger chain. On my Tiagra 4700 BBSHD setup, at 200 miles per week, it consumes chains.

May be near the last chance for people to get an order in before potential ebike tariffs go into effect from China to the United States. It appears already too late for people in the EU.

Masejoer, is this the bike? Looks similar to the OP's.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2018-new-best-ebike-full-suspension_60741613370.html

Back