Display turns off or flickers

toebs

10 mW
I have installed a TSDZ2 with the VLCD5 display on my girlfriends bike.
The bike has been riding ok for a while. But now I have some issues with the display.

When i turn it on it will of just light up, maybe be blurry/unclear on the digits and text it is displaying and then it will turn off.
Often if i continue to turn it on evertime it shuts off, for maybe 5 minutes, then it will start running steadily and the text on the display will be sharp and clear and the display will only show the text it is supposed to.

I tried looking for bad connections, but have not been able to identify any.
I was wondering if display could be defective or to cold or something. However it is not that cold here, around -2 to +5 *C

Any ideas?

My own idea was to order a new display, to see if that fixes it. My girlfriend is rattling the "i want a 2500 Euro Trek E-bike" saber, and for now, I would love to avoid that outcome ;)

Sometimes when you push those common pin connector together the pins will push the pin connectors receptacle back causing a loss of contact or intermittent connection. Fix by pressing pin holders in firmly until its latch catches or pull out expand the latch locking tabs and reinsert so it now catches on the plastic connectors wall

Back