Need some help with friction drive

forcefed

10 W
Bike is done, took it out for a spin... no traction, zilch, nada :evil:
I have two ways of mounting the motor and need some ideas on how to put pressure against it so it doesn't slip and slide on the tire, i already put the anti slip tape on it and its not really helping. Any ideas would be welcome.

zNpOwt4.jpg

s5lGtfc.jpg

The sending way if closer to correct, but the mounting arm is too long. It needs to be able to use reaction force from the tire to dig deeper into the tire surface.

Also, use a smooth treaded tire. Knobby tires are always counterproductive unless you're riding on surfaces that are softer than your tires.

Oops those are the old tires in the pics, i'm now using kenda kross ones. They're smooth in the middle and knobby on the outside, the motor never touches the knobs.

kenda_buitenband_26_x_195_k-847_kross_plus_zwart_52286.jpg

I can possibly shorten the arms when its mounted in front of the seat post but in the other position on top of the tire they're as short as can be.

I found a quick, dirty and simple solution, definitely not my favorite but it does work for now. It managed to push me from a dead stop, more and better idea's are welcome :lol:
Possibly another solution it to put the mount right below the seat post clamp where the vesc basically sits, and then the arms would be at a downwards 45 degree angle, that would possibly help with traction.

MO6L1fm.jpg

Back