New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
csbike   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: Apr 05 2019 2:18am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by csbike » Apr 10 2019 3:57pm

hi all,
I was ready to order a Bafang BBS01b and I discovered this MM28.250. I found it at an Italian online reseller that has apparently customized it so that it yields 100Nm of torque. Is this worth spending 100E more than for the BBS01b?

Otherwise, where did you guys buy it from? For what price?

Thanks
csbike

edkin   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 01 2019 3:16am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by edkin » Apr 11 2019 1:18am

From what I've read, the LingBei is a clone of the Bafang due to some Engineers creating their own company and emulating the Bafang design.

The attraction with the LingBei is that it incorporates a Torque Sensor that gives a much more intuitive cycling experience over the "Throttle only" Bafang.

Unfortunately they were having some issues with the software controlling the Lingbei. This was back in May last year so maybe they have sorted out the developmental issues. It might be worth inquiring about. Because this motor looks to be just as good (if not better) than the Bafang and the TDZ motor

csbike   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: Apr 05 2019 2:18am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by csbike » Apr 11 2019 5:25am

thank you for your reply.
what kind of issues did they have with the software?
Is it possible to reprogram the software without taking the unit apart?

maitilupas   100 W

100 W
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 06 2018 1:22pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by maitilupas » Apr 11 2019 5:36am

The programing for pas is not well configured it gives you allot of power in all pas even on 1 i also would like to change the configuration none yet here knows how only thing i red was lingbei has a special cable and that only they do the programing.

edkin   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 01 2019 3:16am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by edkin » Apr 11 2019 5:43am

csbike wrote:
Apr 11 2019 5:25am
thank you for your reply.
what kind of issues did they have with the software?
Is it possible to reprogram the software without taking the unit apart?
Take time to read this thread from the first post and you'll pick up what the problems were/are

csbike   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: Apr 05 2019 2:18am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by csbike » Apr 12 2019 11:42am

Hi
I have gone through this post, and I have contacted LingBei.

This post says at different places that there seems to be a cable:
Lingbei do say these motors are programmable through the green 5-pin display plug just like the Bafangs (no surprises there, then). I have a 2 minute video from Linda at Lingbei showing how to connect via a special box and start the “TREEDE” software.
According to Ling Bei, there is only one version -- it has 9 MOSFETs. The latest revision of the motor includes a connection for a programming cable (sold separately) and the ability to handle 52V with a maximum of 750W. I don't know if they've changed the
grease, but they are very responsive to emails, so you can ask them yourself.

Lingbei told me first that I can reprogram it myself with the cable and the software which requires W10. But that they do not recommend it as reprogramming several times may damage the motor.
When I asked why it would damage the motor she said that it's like a CD that you cannot rewrite multiple times, so I think she was referring to the fact that the flash memory in the motor can only be written a limited number of times.

I then asked her where I can get the software and she told me that they do not distribute the software and neither do they sell the cable.
They also added that this is because people have encountered issues while reprogramming.

Has anyone on this forum been able to get their hands on the software and on the cable? How? Did you succeed or did you brick the motor?

thanks

User avatar
eyebyesickle   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 694
Joined: Apr 07 2015 9:28pm
Location: Nashville

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by eyebyesickle » Apr 12 2019 4:40pm

I have the cable and can show you the pinout - what version do you have? The newer versions can be programmed through the display port - older versions require opening the motor...

I'll dig up the info this weekend if I have time...

We have had limited success with improving the torque function on this motor, and it having a bit more power than the TSDZ2 is nice....

csbike   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: Apr 05 2019 2:18am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by csbike » Apr 12 2019 5:06pm

Thank you for your reply!
I do not yet have one. I am considering ordering one, after discovering this post, and I am doing some research before committing.

Where did you get the cable? From Leng Bei? What do you use in terms of software? and where did you get it?
Also what do you think about the statement that "reprogramming the motor several times can cause problems"?
Is it because of limited number of write cycles in the flash memory?

Finally, why limited success? Is there an open-source project I can have a look at?

thanks ;)

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3725
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by casainho » Apr 13 2019 5:07am

eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 12 2019 4:40pm
We have had limited success with improving the torque function on this motor, and it having a bit more power than the TSDZ2 is nice....
I still do not understand how this motor can provide more power than TSDZ2 if it pull the same amount of power from battery: same amount of current amps and voltage.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

maitilupas   100 W

100 W
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 06 2018 1:22pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by maitilupas » Apr 13 2019 7:36am

casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 5:07am
eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 12 2019 4:40pm
We have had limited success with improving the torque function on this motor, and it having a bit more power than the TSDZ2 is nice....
I still do not understand how this motor can provide more power than TSDZ2 if it pull the same amount of power from battery: same amount of current amps and voltage.
maybe has more torque and less speed , maybe windings are in star and tdz is delta?
also size of copper etc makes differences

User avatar
eyebyesickle   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 694
Joined: Apr 07 2015 9:28pm
Location: Nashville

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by eyebyesickle » Apr 13 2019 8:51am

casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 5:07am
eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 12 2019 4:40pm
We have had limited success with improving the torque function on this motor, and it having a bit more power than the TSDZ2 is nice....
I still do not understand how this motor can provide more power than TSDZ2 if it pull the same amount of power from battery: same amount of current amps and voltage.
More current...(amps) Why do you say same current amps/voltage?

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3725
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by casainho » Apr 13 2019 8:55am

eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 8:51am
casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 5:07am
eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 12 2019 4:40pm
We have had limited success with improving the torque function on this motor, and it having a bit more power than the TSDZ2 is nice....
I still do not understand how this motor can provide more power than TSDZ2 if it pull the same amount of power from battery: same amount of current amps and voltage.
More current...(amps) Why do you say same current amps/voltage?
Because that what was I did remember. So, what is the max amps that is possible to use?
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

User avatar
eyebyesickle   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 694
Joined: Apr 07 2015 9:28pm
Location: Nashville

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by eyebyesickle » Apr 13 2019 8:56am

Not sure, have not pushed to the limit since the controller upgrade... We are at over 20 reliably so far though...(at 52-58.8v)

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3725
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by casainho » Apr 13 2019 8:59am

eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 8:56am
Not sure, have not pushed to the limit since the controller upgrade... We are at over 20 reliably so far though...(at 52-58.8v)
Hmm, and there is any motor temperature protection?? Or that 20 amps without motor getting the limit temperature??
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

User avatar
eyebyesickle   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 694
Joined: Apr 07 2015 9:28pm
Location: Nashville

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by eyebyesickle » Apr 13 2019 9:03am

casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 8:59am
eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 8:56am
Not sure, have not pushed to the limit since the controller upgrade... We are at over 20 reliably so far though...(at 52-58.8v)
Hmm, and there is any motor temperature protection?? Or that 20 amps without motor getting the limit temperature??
20 amps reliably... Not overheating to the point of damage... There is not motor temp protection that I am aware of

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3725
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by casainho » Apr 13 2019 9:13am

eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:03am
20 amps reliably... Not overheating to the point of damage... There is not motor temp protection that I am aware of
Hmmm, how do you know that is not overheating to point of damage? And for how long did you tested at 20 amps??

I am asking all this questions because I would like to know real differences from TSDZ2 and not what is written on specifications.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

User avatar
eyebyesickle   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 694
Joined: Apr 07 2015 9:28pm
Location: Nashville

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by eyebyesickle » Apr 13 2019 11:59am

casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:13am
eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:03am
20 amps reliably... Not overheating to the point of damage... There is not motor temp protection that I am aware of
Hmmm, how do you know that is not overheating to point of damage? And for how long did you tested at 20 amps??

I am asking all this questions because I would like to know real differences from TSDZ2 and not what is written on specifications.
Same performance through same terrain with same WH consumption... As well as monitoring it closely myself, by hand, heat gun, and temporarily a cheap remote thermosensor...

I think I went over what the motor can take more earlier in the thread. If you are interested in working on this motor, I would be happy to discuss more, but it did not seem you were interested in this motor much when we were previously discussing it...

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3725
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by casainho » Apr 13 2019 12:12pm

eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 11:59am
casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:13am
eyebyesickle wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:03am
20 amps reliably... Not overheating to the point of damage... There is not motor temp protection that I am aware of
Hmmm, how do you know that is not overheating to point of damage? And for how long did you tested at 20 amps??

I am asking all this questions because I would like to know real differences from TSDZ2 and not what is written on specifications.
Same performance through same terrain with same WH consumption... As well as monitoring it closely myself, by hand, heat gun, and temporarily a cheap remote thermosensor...

I think I went over what the motor can take more earlier in the thread. If you are interested in working on this motor, I would be happy to discuss more, but it did not seem you were interested in this motor much when we were previously discussing it...
Now that TSDZ2 firmware is mostly stable, I am curious about others and maybe the big different over TSDZ2 can be a motor more powerful (??). I still don't know by how much this motor is more powerful. TSDZ2, I consider it an deliver 10 amps continuously and 18 amps for peaks of some minutes. I would like to know this values for this motor.

But after months, still there is no repair part on sale for this motor, making it not attractive to me, compared to TSDZ2 that I think it is ideal because not like any other motor, like the famous Bafang that repair parts are like 6x higher price than on TSDZ2.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3725
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by casainho » Apr 13 2019 12:16pm

New motor on sale - is this a TongSheng, Lingbei or Bafang, etc??
casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:25am
TSDZ2 / TongSheng new motor version??

Image

I just saw on PSWPower site, it is on category of TSDZ2 but has a different name... what you guys know / think??

See here: http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2019-3p-953s
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

maitilupas   100 W

100 W
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 06 2018 1:22pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by maitilupas » Apr 13 2019 12:58pm

thanks for sharing this , i came up with this link from their attachments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4kYHtl-AY

i can try this on the lingbei , might work fine.

atomohodez   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Aug 07 2016 1:31am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by atomohodez » Apr 13 2019 2:11pm

casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 12:16pm
New motor on sale - is this a TongSheng, Lingbei or Bafang, etc??
casainho wrote:
Apr 13 2019 9:25am
TSDZ2 / TongSheng new motor version??

Image

I just saw on PSWPower site, it is on category of TSDZ2 but has a different name... what you guys know / think??

See here: http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2019-3p-953s
Aikema motor pas sensor
https://www.aikema.com.cn/en/product/MD-P250-02.html

With a torque sensor, shengyi will have a motor CMT-06

http://www.syimotor.com/productDe_91.html

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNMb1dq270

User avatar
eyebyesickle   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 694
Joined: Apr 07 2015 9:28pm
Location: Nashville

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by eyebyesickle » Apr 15 2019 10:26pm

After all that yapping I was doing... it seems someone burned up a unit @ 52v20amps... I have not confirmed overheat, etc yet - but its a good bet. They were on a recumbent... I am thinking the thing about this motor is unlike the TSDZ2 where you really have to work for the full current, at which point you are adding with it and usually spinning the motor to where it doesnt burn up as quick.... the MM28/Lingbei can be mashed/throttled for full power output... so it is easier to burn if you have the current set high

:bolt: :warn: :flame: :(

User avatar
dodjob   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 303
Joined: Jun 30 2010 3:46pm
Contact:

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by dodjob » Apr 23 2019 2:19am

I use the lingbei a lot.
They are "flashable" not "programmable". Which means you can get different factory firmware to be flashed.
From my experience, they have way too much consumption in the first assist levels. That sucks real hard for clients having small (500wh) batteries.
Added to this, the gauge is out of the place, showing 20% remaining battery at 47,8V. And fluctuating with load like a cheap Bafang from the 90s (specially on the "new" display)
Both together create a load of problem if you resell the kit, because client makes 10-15km and "see" that he has 20% remaining... This in 1assist.lvl. , eco mode.. 🙈
The torque sensing is very weak (not like a tsdz)
First motor generation have problems with shaft sealing popping out (on the non drive side)
Other than this, the motor is very torquy, quite silent and very compact. The new display are beautiful.
Hope this helps :)
Gruß,
H.
Felt beer-cruiser MAC 8T lifepo4 36V12AH 12FETS4110 http://www.bavarian-ebikes.com

zoki   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: May 13 2019 11:25am

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by zoki » Jun 03 2019 1:57pm

Hello,

I am looking to install mid-drive that will fit on my full suspension bike. I have roughly 60 mm from bottom bracket center to beginning of the chainstay swing arm. Can I mount the Lingbei MM28 or the TSDZ2 engine on my bike?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
1.jpg

User avatar
Metaller   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 13 2019 4:32pm

Re: New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Post by Metaller » Jun 13 2019 4:53pm

I welcome all.
A few days ago I have assembled e-bike on the basis of Lingbei MM28. During the test trip it was found out that the engine gives power breakthroughs. In more detailed analysis of behavior of the engine during the trip around the cross-country terrain in various modes I have come in conclusion that the torque sensor in my engine works on the contrary, i.e. at rotation of pedals without effort the engine gives the maximum power, and at power pedalling the engine is completely switched-off. I believe something will shift one of sensor magnets, or sensors exits are connected in wrong sequence, or it is some mistake in programming of the engine. How can i correct operation of my engine...and if it is possible, without its full disassembling?

to zoki: the engine has no parts behind bottom bracket. https://yadi.sk/i/rIXhmFxDEMCApQ

Post Reply