Just bought a jamis dakar with bbs02. I know nothing.

Foddawg

1 µW
I am extremely new to this so bare with me. I started looking into ebikes maybe a week ago lol. Will be using for commuting 10 miles per day max. Would like to be able to get up to 25mph. Found one on Craigslist but I bought it without the batteries because he had lipo batteries and they seemed too complex for me.
Bought a 2002 Jamis Dakar with bbs02 and some nice suspension and brakes. I'm just learning about batteries now, there's a lot to learn. Is there any reason this battery wouldn't work?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172604585610

Luna shark packs are out of stock right now. Thank you for any input and help. I'm still doing a lot of learning and reading, it's a little overwhelming and I wanna be able to ride!

At that price it’s likely cheap batteries.

I was considering those batteries a couple months ago, but the one in the silver case. They had some stock that they were shipping from Los Angeles and they were on sale for about $180. They sold all of that stock and then the price went back up. I agree that they are likely cheap 18650 batteries inside.

You will not need a very large battery for 10 miles max range. I have a slightly less powerful motor and I am using an ego power tool battery (52v - 2ah) and I get about 4 miles out of it (10 miles on economy mode). Depending on how fast you will be riding a 4ah - 7.5ah battery may fit your needs. I got a good deal on my ego power tool battery, it was listed low on ebay and the chargers for them are cheap on Ebay. With a coupon code my battery and charger was only $42!

If you were only wanting to ride at 12 mph to 16mph max speed then a 52 volt 8 amp hour pack would do .

When you want to go over 17 mph your battery usage increases , at 25 mph then you are really wanting to have a pack of 12 amp hours or more.

If Luna is out of stock on what you want, there is also Em3ev.com , there are other places to buy batteries.
However the faster the speed you go the better the quality of battery you will need to have, to get your money's worth of usage.

Keep in mind it is better to have 20% -30% of battery capacity left on your pack after the longest of any of your rides , in order to have your battery pack have its full amount of life cycles .

Foddawg said:
commuting 10 miles per day max. Would like to be able to get up to 25mph.

Luna shark packs are out of stock right now. Thank you for any input and help. I'm still doing a lot of learning and reading, it's a little overwhelming and I wanna be able to ride!

I think 8ah is if you don't plan on pedaling or you plan on riding faster. If you pedal along you will use less power. We get at least 4-5 miles on a 52v 2ah battery maintaining 15mph (10-20mph flat and 8 min up hills), and I cut off the charger 2v before reaching max charge. The motor is doing about 2/3 of the work I would estimate, and we are pushing 275lbs including the bike. If you don't plan on pedaling then you will need a bigger battery.

Back