BBS01 250w Diagnosis help

Lamora

1 µW
Where to start?!?! I have been going round in circles for a month now :roll:

Firstly my BBS01 250w motor got an error 08 so I took it apart and replaced the hall effect sensors.

The error goes away but now there is no power, I figure the controller is dead so I order a new one.

I fit the new controller and it powers on with no error 08 anymore.

However there is no power just a faint click from the motor. There is approximately a 1-2 second delay between pushing the throttle and the click of the motor. I've tried switching out cables and applying the scientific method to isolate a particular cause but I have nothing but this damn click - you can tell its driving me nuts. I've googled the hell out of it and am totally lost!

Battery is fine and works perfectly on my friends bike.

What can I do? Any help greatly appreciated!!

I've had the exact same problem when the Hall/phase combo was incorrect.
Or when the halls don't register to the controller.

Make sure the hall sensor plug is pushed fully into it's socket. This is a common problem as it is covered in sealant. I had a similar problem on a bbs02, intermittent error 08 and faint clicking with throttle use. Disconnected hall plug and reconnected and it worked again for a minute or 2. Tested hall sensors and they were fine. I then re-soldered them on the PCB and the problem was solved. As you have prob. done all of this, all I can suggest is you recheck your work and make sure there is no damage to the PCB on the motor.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll recheck my work and maybe even solder on some new sensors all round. I did buy a few spares just in case.

Really appreciate the hints and tips, at least I feel like moving in the right direction now.

Back