GP MidMotor with Torgue Sensor - "TSDZ2 Alternative"?

Alex_Snade

10 µW
Hello everyone,
while looking for some parts for TSDZ2, I stumbled upon this motor:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Okfeet-free-custom-tax-GP-midmotor-torque-sensor-controller-integrated-powerful-48V500W-electric-bicycle-convertion-kit/32865404507.html

They claim it's better than TSDZ2, but I couldn't find any information about it.
Has anyone tried it?

Hi Alex,
Look for the Lingbei mid-motor thread on Endless Sphere Non Hub Motor topic. All the information about this motor is appearing there as people learn more.
It is made by a new company in China, Lingbei, and looks like it has potential to be better than the existing motors in that it seems as strong as the Bafang but has torque sensor control, however it seems the firmware / programming still has some development needed. They mix cadence control and torque control rather than leaving it as pure torque sensor control.
Other ES members are talking to the manufacturer and Okfeet about rewriting the programming to better suit mountainbiking, and they are listening.. just haven't got there yet.

Hi Drum thanks for your reply,
I got more into the discussions and also contacted the manufacturers,
and they claim that they will release a better, improved version of the Lingbei motor in the upcoming 1-2 months :)

Once they release it, will probably order one to test it out and compare with Tongsheng, and will share my experience :)

Alex,

One other item on it that needs changing is where the wires come out of the of the motor, most full suspension frames these days and for a number of years now , have a down tube that is referred to as a " dog leg " down tube.
Where the down tube connects to the bottom bracket area the down tube goes nearly horizontal, so for most full suspension frames the new Lingbei motor will hang down too low, or lower that it should . And the where the wires are now they would could strike a rock , log, etc. .

Can you contact them to have that changed as well.

Here is what someone said on the lingbei thread ...

" What sticks out to me is where the wires exit the casing could be vulnerable if the motor is turned up to the down tube. Our test bike has one of the funky lower down tubes and so the motor has to hang low which means it has less ground clearance than the TS previously on the bike. The pic below illustrates the motor in about what would be the most it could rotate upwards to the down tube.
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg (60 KiB) Viewed 675 times "

>

I am looking at this little motor to get me riding a temporary mid-drive system until the newer , more modern mid drives are developed that use a RC motor. ( like the Tangent but not as much power and cost, like what Ecyclist , Mike ( Lightingrod's ) are working on, or even what PaulD comes up with )

Think Lingbei will listen to you about having the wires come out a different place of the case ?

Alex_Snade said:
Hi Drum thanks for your reply,
I got more into the discussions and also contacted the manufacturers,
and they claim that they will release a better, improved version of the Lingbei motor in the upcoming 1-2 months :)

Once they release it, will probably order one to test it out and compare with Tongsheng, and will share my experience :)

Back