Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 08 2018 2:33am

I confirmed with Kelsey with DENGFU this frame is their mold everyone else is reselling . So mention this forum she will take care of you all. I noticed that they can discount the bafang motor kit and shocks . Also the carbon rimmed wheels are about the same as every one else standard wheels . Also I was able to ship less expensively by shipping unassembled parts . I have t ordered yet but getting close.

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 08 2018 10:59am

Hey Guys,

Not sure if anyone is interested in an Aluminum frame version as I got this in an email this morning.

The only issue is that they have an MOQ of 10. I have not gotten a price yet. More to follow if folks are interested.

Oh and weight was 3.8kg available I small, medium and large. They can also supply motor and battery too.
Attachments
LXW275D-06-RS.png

devo1223   100 W

100 W
Posts: 239
Joined: Nov 06 2012 4:32pm
Location: Lake Tahoe,CA

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by devo1223 » Aug 08 2018 12:00pm

Yep I'd rather aluminum. Put me down for one assuming it's less $$
Vector lite stuffed with 30Qs
Mxus 3k turbo 3t in 17in moto rim
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92531&p=1353484&hil ... e#p1353484

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 08 2018 7:24pm

devo1223 wrote:
Aug 08 2018 12:00pm
Yep I'd rather aluminum. Put me down for one assuming it's less $$
Well that is 2... only 8 more to go.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 09 2018 1:00am

Ok I got pricing from both Dengfu Pro-Mance

I’ve been told not to provide pricing here . Let’s just say I’m ordering from Dengfu . PM me if you need details

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 09 2018 2:12am

devo1223 wrote:
Aug 08 2018 12:00pm
Yep I'd rather aluminum. Put me down for one assuming it's less $$
Frey has a aluminum framed unit great specs with the Bafang motor M 600 they already have forum here on it for $2650 complete bike pretty low shipping costs too $540 . But I’m a gram counter weight weenie I’ll go for less weight like the carbon frame .the Chinese aluminum frames are not formed thin gauge like specialized m 5frameskinda big klunkers .

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 09 2018 8:25am

Surfingjeff wrote:
Aug 09 2018 2:12am
devo1223 wrote:
Aug 08 2018 12:00pm
Yep I'd rather aluminum. Put me down for one assuming it's less $$
Frey has a aluminum framed unit great specs with the Bafang motor M 600 they already have forum here on it for $2650 complete bike pretty low shipping costs too $540 . But I’m a gram counter weight weenie I’ll go for less weight like the carbon frame .the Chinese aluminum frames are not formed thin gauge like specialized m 5frameskinda big klunkers .
You are right that Frey has an M600 unit already shipping. But it does not have the hidden battery compartment as the one I posted and is quit heavy.

Just curious as to what the weight is on the carbon fiber frame from DengFu?

Also I have pricing on the Aluminum frame and if you would like to know PM me.

User avatar
waynebergman   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1005
Joined: May 07 2011 4:20pm
Location: Pender Harbour British Columbia Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by waynebergman » Aug 09 2018 10:27pm

I am not having much luck with the "Chat Now" function on the Dengfu Alibaba site.
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.15.52 PM.jpg
Attached photo here shows the display in both my Chrome and Safari browsers, I am also on a Mac not sure if any of this matters but when I hit the chat now button I am looking at the window shown in the attachment and nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 10 2018 9:23pm

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Aug 06 2018 12:13am
Hey guys,

Been reading your posts with enthusiasm. Wanted to post the frame I just ordered from Pro Mance seems to be the same as the Dengfu but better price and was able to order Frame, Motor and Battery...

http://www.pro-mance.com/product-390-80235.html

Also got me wondering who really is manufacturing these frames for sure?
Fred

Am looking closely at your purchase very interested in how your bike performs when you get it together . If it is possible to reprogram the motor speed . How much your bike weighs when complete .

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 10 2018 9:25pm

waynebergman wrote:
Aug 09 2018 10:27pm
I am not having much luck with the "Chat Now" function on the Dengfu Alibaba site. Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.15.52 PM.jpg
Attached photo here shows the display in both my Chrome and Safari browsers, I am also on a Mac not sure if any of this matters but when I hit the chat now button I am looking at the window shown in the attachment and nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong.
I have been using either my I phone or I pad with no problems on the chat . Although sometime their May net work problems

User avatar
waynebergman   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1005
Joined: May 07 2011 4:20pm
Location: Pender Harbour British Columbia Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by waynebergman » Aug 10 2018 9:41pm

Thanks Jeff for the tips on "Chat" I will try my wifes iphone and see how it goes. Maybe I will get time on Sunday to try again.

The more I think about this M09 CF frame and M600 platform I am thinking I may just order it all in the next little while based on my best feel for value and shipping options. Because I would want the bike delivered before Oct 1 my best option may be to order all the components just packaged in a box with the frame and maybe have the headset pressed in place and I can build the wheels etc and put it all together on arrival. I am thinking this may be the best way to get the stuff with out back logs or hold ups, surely it will also be cheaper this way but I will see.

I have not made any purchases through Alibaba or Dengfu so any ES members that can share with me how they have made out with Dengfu and Alibaba would help me with some of the anxiety over this one.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 11 2018 4:11pm

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Aug 09 2018 8:25am
Surfingjeff wrote:
Aug 09 2018 2:12am
devo1223 wrote:
Aug 08 2018 12:00pm
Yep I'd rather aluminum. Put me down for one assuming it's less $$
Frey has a aluminum framed unit great specs with the Bafang motor M 600 they already have forum here on it for $2650 complete bike pretty low shipping costs too $540 . But I’m a gram counter weight weenie I’ll go for less weight like the carbon frame .the Chinese aluminum frames are not formed thin gauge like specialized m 5frameskinda big klunkers .
You are right that Frey has an M600 unit already shipping. But it does not have the hidden battery compartment as the one I posted and is quit heavy.

Just curious as to what the weight is on the carbon fiber frame from DengFu?

Also I have pricing on the Aluminum frame and if you would like to know PM me.
The weight of this frame According to Kelsey was 3000grams but all the other similar electric frames are 2300grams .

Tom   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 360
Joined: Aug 02 2007 5:31pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Tom » Aug 12 2018 10:29pm

Great thread (almost missed it not being in the "E-Bike Non-hub Motor Drives" forum). Sounds like the aluminum frame would add about 2 pounds (800 g). I assume the motivation to opt for aluminum would be durability, not necessarily cost savings?

User avatar
waynebergman   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1005
Joined: May 07 2011 4:20pm
Location: Pender Harbour British Columbia Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by waynebergman » Aug 13 2018 11:23pm

Has anyone ordered anything from China lately and had it shipped to Canada? I am wondering about possible tariffs when coming into Canada? I realize tariffs will be jacked up on China items pretty soon in the USA but I had no idea what to expect on a bike shipped to Canada that would cost around 3,000 USA dollars. The shipping will be another $450 or so but I dont think there would tariffs on the shipping.
Also wondering if the Original Poster on this thread (Jeff) would consider asking the moderators to move the thread over to the mid drive section? I am thinking if this thread was in that section we may get more traffic to the thread and as these drives get popular (if they do) it would only make sense to place the thread in the mid drive section.

User avatar
MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7214
Joined: Sep 03 2010 5:28pm
Location: Montreal QC Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by MadRhino » Aug 13 2018 11:51pm

waynebergman wrote:
Aug 13 2018 11:23pm
Has anyone ordered anything from China lately and had it shipped to Canada? I am wondering about possible tariffs...
I order from China and many other countries every week. There are no tariffs on imported goods in Canada, except those on some products from USA as a retaliation to tariffs on Alu and steel that are in effect from the USA. Yet, Canada customs are free to inspect any package that is imported, free to add tax and inspection fees. They don’t do it on low value packages, but the higher the value the more likely they will charge sales tax. The bigger the box, the more likely they will inspect the content.
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street:
Trek Session 10 mod. Variable geometry. 70mph
Dirt:
Santa Cruz V10. 50mph

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 13 2018 11:51pm

Tripped across another one today. Sent an email for more info will post when I get it....

Supposed to be 150mm travel and 27.5 x 3.0\29 x 2.35 and weight is 3350g or 7.39 pounds
Attachments
1530330295.jpg
1530330295.jpg (97.1 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

ScooterMan101   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2075
Joined: Oct 06 2012 4:45pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by ScooterMan101 » Aug 14 2018 9:28am

Edit : This thread has now been moved to the Mid-Drives section.
Last edited by ScooterMan101 on Aug 17 2018 12:21am, edited 1 time in total.
My first conversion ... Sold

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71378&p=1077497&hil ... 1#p1077497

It's 2018 already, ( now 2019 ) lets get some real , improved e-bike / e-velomobile / e-motorcycle designs .

User avatar
waynebergman   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1005
Joined: May 07 2011 4:20pm
Location: Pender Harbour British Columbia Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by waynebergman » Aug 16 2018 5:17pm

I made payment today for my bike. Bought from Dengfu/Alibaba and ordered through Kelsey as per Jeffs suggestions. No tarrifs delivered to me here in Canada but the US exchange rates always hurt. 4k US delivered pretty much as shown here in the photo. This is the first photo of the bike I have seen with the M600 and wheel set on it. Photo from Dengfu.
dengfu m600.jpeg
I will supply my own Dropper seat post, saddle and stem. Other wise the bike is pretty much complete. M8000 components, Rock shock Yari, carbon fibre wheel set with 27.5 x 2.8" tubeless tires. 28mph limit and the 500 watt package with claims of 120NM. Battery is 48v and 14.4 AH. I have been told by Dengfu it will arrive by October 1st for delivery.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 16 2018 6:38pm

waynebergman wrote:
Aug 13 2018 11:23pm
Has anyone ordered anything from China lately and had it shipped to Canada? I am wondering about possible tariffs when coming into Canada? I realize tariffs will be jacked up on China items pretty soon in the USA but I had no idea what to expect on a bike shipped to Canada that would cost around 3,000 USA dollars. The shipping will be another $450 or so but I dont think there would tariffs on the shipping.
Also wondering if the Original Poster on this thread (Jeff) would consider asking the moderators to move the thread over to the mid drive section? I am thinking if this thread was in that section we may get more traffic to the thread and as these drives get popular (if they do) it would only make sense to place the thread in the mid drive section.
Sure I have no problems moving the thread over. I don't know how to do it but im fine with that.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 16 2018 10:33pm

Tom wrote:
Aug 12 2018 10:29pm
Great thread (almost missed it not being in the "E-Bike Non-hub Motor Drives" forum). Sounds like the aluminum frame would add about 2 pounds (800 g). I assume the motivation to opt for aluminum would be durability, not necessarily cost savings?
It’s actually huge saving the Frey Company you can look up in forum here Bafang M600 has complete aluminum. Version bike with decent specs at $2650 and pretty cheap shipping for $540 to the USA. My carbon fiber set up from Dengfu just parts and not assembled is $4200 delivered . I only got pricing for the frame shocks fork wheels m600 motor kit and battery rest parts from Chain reaction . But the carbon frames are light years ahead of the aluminum frames built in China . Just take a look at aluminum specialized vacuum formed thin gauge construction to any of the Chinese frames.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Surfingjeff » Aug 16 2018 10:38pm

waynebergman wrote:
Aug 16 2018 5:17pm
I made payment today for my bike. Bought from Dengfu/Alibaba and ordered through Kelsey as per Jeffs suggestions. No tarrifs delivered to me here in Canada but the US exchange rates always hurt. 4k US delivered pretty much as shown here in the photo. This is the first photo of the bike I have seen with the M600 and wheel set on it. Photo from Dengfu. dengfu m600.jpeg
I will supply my own Dropper seat post, saddle and stem. Other wise the bike is pretty much complete. M8000 components, Rock shock Yari, carbon fibre wheel set with 27.5 x 2.8" tubeless tires. 28mph limit and the 500 watt package with claims of 120NM. Battery is 48v and 14.4 AH. I have been told by Dengfu it will arrive by October 1st for delivery.
Wayne you might check Chain Reaction out of England they have excellent pricing on parts like droppers , tires everything you need and free shipping and duty paid. They also have Magura E brakes on sale.

User avatar
waynebergman   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1005
Joined: May 07 2011 4:20pm
Location: Pender Harbour British Columbia Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by waynebergman » Aug 16 2018 10:45pm

Thanks Jeff, I will swap out my dropper from another bike and saddle as well. Bike is coming with M8000 stuff so all I really need is a stem as they only sell HB stems as short as 80mm which is too long for my liking. I may have to shim the seat tube with a spacer as my dropper is slightly smaller that the M09 frame spec. I hope yours gets delivered before the new tariffs come into play for USA. Here in Canada we have no tariffs on China ebike import.

Tom   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 360
Joined: Aug 02 2007 5:31pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Tom » Aug 16 2018 11:18pm

waynebergman wrote:
Aug 16 2018 5:17pm
I have been told by Dengfu it will arrive by October 1st for delivery.
Nice looking bike. What's the estimated total weight?

User avatar
waynebergman   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1005
Joined: May 07 2011 4:20pm
Location: Pender Harbour British Columbia Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by waynebergman » Aug 16 2018 11:27pm

Not sure but somewhere between 45 and 50 lbs I think.

User avatar
Richard N   100 W

100 W
Posts: 122
Joined: Apr 22 2011 5:58pm
Location: Victoris BC, CA

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Richard N » Aug 17 2018 8:20am

waynebergman wrote:
Aug 16 2018 10:45pm
Thanks Jeff, I will swap out my dropper from another bike and saddle as well. Bike is coming with M8000 stuff so all I really need is a stem as they only sell HB stems as short as 80mm which is too long for my liking. I may have to shim the seat tube with a spacer as my dropper is slightly smaller that the M09 frame spec. I hope yours gets delivered before the new tariffs come into play for USA. Here in Canada we have no tariffs on China ebike import.
You may want to look further into this. It's my understanding that a complete bike imported from China is subject to a 13% duty, built wheels are taxed with a 6.5% duty. Everything is going to be taxed with GST/HST as well. I could be wrong and this information could be out of date, but if it is, I can't find anything to indicate so.

Source:
https://terminalcityriders.ca/m/article ... -to-Canada

Post Reply