Made for each other?

mammonista

10 W
This is sorta along the same lines as an earlier post...
Took my Cyclone 3k powered Gravity Deadeye monster out on the dunes again today. Hoping that a new throttle would eliminate some of the issues that have plagued this bike since the beginning. While the new 'no-brand' 1/4-turn Chinese throttle didn't have the enormous 10-15 degree dead space at the beginning of twisting that the earlier 'no-brand' Chinese throttle did, it was exactly the same when it came to almost no 'ramp' when it came to modulating the power from the Cyclone. It seems like more of an 'on/off' switch than a rheostat. If I had to guess it delivers a whopping 30% power within the first 2 degrees of turning. Almost suicidal when trying to ride in soft sand on dunes.
So I guess I need to buy a better blue-tooth programmable controller rather than the cheapo non-programmable controller that shipped with the Cyclone kit from Luna. Any suggestions????? Please?
And I bought a CA V3 thinking that would add some programmability. But no? I downloaded the enytire CA V3 'Unofficial User Guide' from this site but it might as well be writtien in Greek. Is there something that is understanable by the average lay person? And is there a programmable controller that easily interfaces with the CA V3? and the Cyclone? Any suggestions? Please?
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Use a domino throttle. Easier. Simpler than the controller upgrade. Worth the $100 to have the best. Use a trim pot to limit the input voltage a little or max throttle gives to much power and shuts the controller down on you. Drop the 5v to 4.8 if I remember correctly. Still has some dead spot in the beginning but I chalk that up to a safety measure and you get use to it quickly.

mammonista said:
This is sorta along the same lines as an earlier post...
Took my Cyclone 3k powered Gravity Deadeye monster out on the dunes again today. Hoping that a new throttle would eliminate some of the issues that have plagued this bike since the beginning. While the new 'no-brand' 1/4-turn Chinese throttle didn't have the enormous 10-15 degree dead space at the beginning of twisting that the earlier 'no-brand' Chinese throttle did, it was exactly the same when it came to almost no 'ramp' when it came to modulating the power from the Cyclone. It seems like more of an 'on/off' switch than a rheostat. If I had to guess it delivers a whopping 30% power within the first 2 degrees of turning. Almost suicidal when trying to ride in soft sand on dunes.
So I guess I need to buy a better blue-tooth programmable controller rather than the cheapo non-programmable controller that shipped with the Cyclone kit from Luna. Any suggestions????? Please?
And I bought a CA V3 thinking that would add some programmability. But no? I downloaded the enytire CA V3 'Unofficial User Guide' from this site but it might as well be writtien in Greek. Is there something that is understanable by the average lay person? And is there a programmable controller that easily interfaces with the CA V3? and the Cyclone? Any suggestions? Please?
Thanks in advance,
Mark
I bought a kit from luna and this throttle. Works well with a stock controller and 52v battery. Love the key )) feels like a motorcycle. It is for right hand but i have it on the left side no problem. Voltage indicator is a nice feature. I also like the stock controller. It is bulky and ugly and has lots of ugly wires but it works well out of the box.

https://lunacycle.com/cyclone-thumb-throttle-with-on-off-switch-and-voltage-display/

My beauty.. Feels awesome after bbsh. Torque is much better !!

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1531450067/88857038/22461238.jpg

Back