BBSHD creaking noises under load

endrew

10 W
Hi,
After about 700 Km, my BBSHD started making these creaking noises, which got worst over time. This happens only while accelerating or climbing when the motor is under load.

In this video I use the brakes while spinning the wheel so you can hear the noise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M5xmlm17o&feature=youtu.be

I tried greasing the secondary reduction gear, and if anything, it only made it worst. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Might be the bottom bracket locking rings are loose. Try tightening them both with the correct tool, and I mean really really tight.

Well, that was a great idea, but it didnt solve the problem. I made sure the lockrings are tight, also the two bolts and the noise didnt go away.

Also - it fills like the noise has a rhythm, that is correlated to its speed, but a slow rhythm - maybe the same as the chainring cycle?

Pull the final drive cover off and check there`s plenty of grease on the cogs, an HD shouldn`t be noisy.

tommie said:
Pull the final drive cover off and check there`s plenty of grease on the cogs, an HD shouldn`t be noisy.

I have greased it (the secondary reduction gear) - still, creaking noises remained.

I put epoxy in the bottom bracket of my second bbsHD build and I never had the creaking problem that my first bike had but, dam is was a wrestle to get it out! I am thinking about trying something else to use just in case I have to pull the motor again!........aha, maybe use some de-mound spray!

Back