Found! A 6160 hardtail frame for the Bafang G510

Richard N

100 W
Jackpot! I think. :D I've been itching for a Frey, but I really wanted a hardtail. . . back to square one.

It mounts the G510 drive unit, and uses the Reention Dorado battery case. It's a 27.5", but I don't know if it uses Boost Spacing, here's hoping. It lists at a decent price, but shipping, duty, and taxes will help that along. . .

I'm a little concerned that the derailleur hanger doesn't appear to be replaceable, and I think the dropouts look like they could be little beefier too. Do they look suspect to anyone else?

New-Products-Chinese-ebike-frame-to-fit.jpg

It can also be had as a complete bike, but going that route I think I'd want some upgrades.

HTB1E85LrL5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXa7.jpg

https://autocycle.en.alibaba.com

For being thru axle design, they look plenty beefy. Re the hanger, replaceable is nice, but so many times the company has moved on to different designs that unless you order three or four spare ones, you can never find the right shape one a couple of years down the line when you need it.

Voltron said:
For being thru axle design, they look plenty beefy. Re the hanger, replaceable is nice, but so many times the company has moved on to different designs that unless you order three or four spare ones, you can never find the right shape one a couple of years down the line when you need it.

Sufficiently beefy, noted. Good point about the design changing, best not to break it in the first place.

I've sent off a request for some more details on the frame and complete bike, I'll post what I learn.

Hi,

I asked them two days ago.
They wrote me it is out of stock and minimum purchase order are 20pcs...
The funny thing after my first request Ivy from frey bikes contacted me and offered me the standard hardtail fatty frame bike....

I searched for a long time for a nice non-fatty hardtail commuter bike with bafang ultra motor but not easy to find.
If somebody has found something pls let me know.

Greetings,
Christoph

I ran into the same thing, they'll sell and ship a frame, but for a complete bike they have a MOQ of 20. That is not how the product listing reads though, they state that MOQ for a full bike or frame is one. Also, not that this is a red flag on it's own, but it has been two days since I posed a few more questions and I've heard nothing back. Not looking good so far.

@chriztop: You said that Ivy at Frey offered you a hardtail, was this to be built as a 27.5+ or as a fatbike?

Hi,

Richard N said:
@chriztop: You said that Ivy at Frey offered you a hardtail, was this to be built as a 27.5+ or as a fatbike?

no it was a fatbike. the usual strange design with this swing at the end of the top tube where it is connected with the seat tube.
https://freyebikes.en.alibaba.com/product/60677154695-804873019/High_speed_50KM_H_fat_tire_electric_mountain_bike_750W_1000W.html
Ivy also said to me MOQ of 20 also for the frame.

No bike for me so far.. :(

Christoph

Has anyone seen a stress/flex/strength data for these new "integrated drive". frames ?
Or any real world "test to failure" type work ?
Compared to a conventional diamond frame with bottom bracket, they look to my engineering eye to have much less tensile rigidity and strength, in that motor mount area.
I notice that some have an additional (removeable) brace under the drive unit, presumeably for protection and added strength, but the "open" design of the drive housing suggests there is no way it can be a strong as the conventional designs....especially for a hardtail where the shock loading is much higher.
...And a carbon design would really be vunerable in that area.
JMHO. !

All the ones I've seen seem plenty beefy. The casting that supports the motor has so much thickness and welding area... It might break somewhere else, but I doubt it will be at the bottom bracket. I've been seeing more cracking at the left seatstay/toptube area from the chain loads.
Re the bottom, most seemed to be just a plastic skid plate, and not adding much to stiffness, and pretty optional compared to the strength of the casting/bolted in motor case combo.

I don't think it is a big Problem.
If you look at the design of the well known mtb manufacturer you see that all are doing it.

I found this bike... would like something similar with bafabg ultra..
https://en.hnf-nicolai.com/ebike/xd1-urban/

Back