2 questions - my gng with belt drive after 4 or 5 years

i still have my gng with belt drive after 4 or 5 years and still using the same belt , yep the original one,
now its been in the shed for the last year and a half , and now the chains keep coming off ,
any one had this trouble ?

i have checked and can not find any slack in the chains or bearing on any of the shafts,
the motor was upgraded when i got it with lightningrods plates and parts , its been a good bike and i love the way it gets me up the hills as i can use the lower gears and im no light weight at 22 stone ,

now im not allowed to drive for three months [ dr orders ]

i have just bought from ebay a rear hub motor, 100w and a new 15ah battery , is it worth me putting this on a bike ? concidering my weight ?
this is the kit i just bought

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-1000...on-kit-26-rear-wheel-LCD-display/142574413518

Check the threads; these direct drive motors are fairly powerful and bulletproof. Powered with 48V or 52V it should suffice for all but very steep hills. The rule of thumb bandied about here is don't let the bike speed get below half of top speed or too much battery power is being transferred to heat.

thks 2old ,, threads are fine , but something is making the chains come off , the peddle cogs run true ,, gears are fine with plenty on the tension springs so not slack chains ,
i changed the sprocket inside the main pedal sprocket to a good quality one when i got the motor as the original one didnt last the first 50 miles ,

think i will have to fix a camera to the bike and record whats going on when they come off.

im stuck with out the bike i have mild c,o,p,d so cant carry shopping home,

Back