Ok so I have had my first proper 17 mile test run of this set up...very impressed so far. Some throttle but mostly PAS as I wanted it for.
I have asked the following question over on the FB group but figured I'd share them and the response I may get here (feel free to answer any you know the answer too!):
1) PAS settings in Modes menu: Assist Start Current TS (0.01A) (0-3000) sounds simple but makes little discernable difference when altered.....0-3000 what exactly? What does setting 0 do vs setting 3000? Thank you
2) PAS settings in Modes menu: Assist Power Factor TS (0.1A/nm) (15-30) I assume a higher setting such as 30 offers more assistance per NM of effort I apply to the pedals? Is 15-30 the acceptable range allowed or can I set it to more? 15-30 what exactly...15 x 0.1a per NM of effort I apply? Thank you
3)PAS settings in Modes menu: Assist Sensitivity, Assist Start Torque. This seems simple enough in that the PAS will wait for me to apply a set amount of torque to the pedals before initiating help...however...1 or 5 makes little difference...
4)PAS settings in Modes menu: Cadence Threshold the app says this is either when it starts or cuts off...could you explain which of the two it is? Or can it be left at zero if I am relying solely on torque sensing? Thank you
5) Throttle settings in Modes menu. Throttle RPM limit (rpm) (0-1500): if the motors revs to around 9000 (at 60v) why would 1500 be an upper limit or perhaps I am misunderstanding this setting? Perhaps the (0-1500) in brackets are not the parameter limits?
6) Dashboard: this shows my throttle as showing an input current of 0.8v even when the throttle is not in use, I am used to the Cycle Analyst which shows 0v when the throttle is closed and not in use.
7) Dashboard: this shows the motor as drawing 5w when stationary?
The battery display shows my battery down to 39% when it is only at 70% discharge as per voltage and the BMS? I have it set as LiIon and 14s in the settings. Thank you
9) Sensors menu: PAS Motor Start RPM (rpm) 100-2560 I am very confused as to what this actually does as its sound simple but there is no difference in the PAS if I set it to 100 or 2560 as the parameters suggest are options?
an answer at last...."pas motor start rpm = The motor rpm that the motor will be running when you initiate the pedal assist. If it is higher, the response is quicker".
10) Sensors menu: Motor RPM/Cadence RPM (rpm) 0-255 same as above...I am not really clear on what this does and what the differences I should notice are between 0 or 255?
"motor rpm/cadence rpm:
This ensures the motor rpm is increased according to the gear ratio as you pedal faster, usually set it at 36 will be good. The default value. If you increase the value, you will need less power to pedal as you pedal faster"
9 and 10 perplex me the most!
I'll post any replies I get here.