despite of all the things you said, at the end you kept the motor even if we offered a full refund, so you must have found something good enough to keep it rather than buying two BBSHD motors.
From the final email you sent to me, you said that you were only 60% satisified with the motor, and your reasons for that were:
- 20 Percent for the exposed HAL cables that will limit it survivability in woods or snow riding.
- 20 Percent because of cost... $1200.00 should be the maximum price for motor and controller.
Now we never had problems with the HALL cables from any of our customers ( neither you!!!). For sure if you plan to break them with snow nails you'll find a way to accomplish that, but if you don't want to break them, you'll succeed either.
About the cost: accordingly to your judgement our motor is $400 more expensive than what you consider a fair value.
So my understanding is that if you would have paid the Bikee Bike motor + controller $1200 and you won't have any problems with the HALL wiring, you'd be 100% satisfied .
And I guess you have reasons for that: in your previous post ( here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=95823&p=1406898#p1406898
) you reported:
1) That the Bikee Bike motor 1500W is faster than a Cyclone 3000W motor and you reached a top speed of 39mph before you had to slow down for turns
2) That the BEST has a absorbed power of 3173W, placing the motor well above what a BBSHD can do.
As you only measure the power basing on the battery amp draw, you're totally blind to the real motor power or torque. Have you ever considered that the BEST could deliver more torque and power at the wheel than the other motors you love to mention, because has higher efficiency under load?
About your points, let's go through them:
1) Bad display: this is what our display looks like.
and here's how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 2jGWNMpNd0
2) Low power: with our system you reached 3173W and 39mph. We have customers ( ES members ) who reached 50mph. So it has higher speed, higher torque than the Cyclone 3000W and than the BBSHD. You reached an higher speed than with your Cyclone ( isn't power all about speed?) so that looks like a fast dog!
3) Too loud: you posted a video keeping the crankarms still. I explained you that the sound you hear is the ratchet clutch and that if the crankarms are spinning that sound will go away. From your previous post, you said that BEST 1500 is louder than a Bafang, but quiter than a Cyclone when you pedal. In your appreciation review about Cyclone motor on Luna Cycle shop, you didn't mention that the Cyclone sounds like a drill.
4) Primitive programming: Here are the features of the BEST app:
a)100 levels of assist,
b) throttle taming to smoothen the acceleration,
c) you can downgrade the power to any of the lower power version ( 250W, 500W, 600W, 749W, 999W) on the fly with the app,
d) unlock full power with the RACE button,
e) three different driving modes: PAS, torque sensor (emulator on the system without the hardware), throttle.
f) three customizable presets, to switch from one to the other on the fly, with just one button.
g) throttle override function: you can set the assist to, as an example, 20% and as you start pedaling the motor will assist you at 20%, then when you want more power, you can use the throttle to go up to 100% assist. When you release the throttle, the assistance will go down to the original assistance ( 20% in this example).
h)) All the above settings are wrapped to the user, so as soon as a different rider uses the bike with his phone, his personal settings will be automatically uploaded, without touching anything. You don't have to connect the PC to change them all the times...
Is that a primitive programming?
5. Durability: do you expect more or less durability from motors with power exceeding 1000W with plastic gears? Because I think that both Cyclone and Bafang have plastic gears while all our gears are made in case hardened steel. And internet is full of people looking a substitute for broken plastic gears.
6. Accordingly to your opinion, we're $400 more expensive than what would 100% satisfy you. With the new tariffs on chinese motors I guess the gap with chinese competition will narrow.
Plus you didn't mention that you have more ground clearance, higher torque ( 160Nm) than other motors, case hardened steel gears, easiness of installation ( you had to make custom plates for your Cyclone build, what was the cost and time for those?), perfect chainline, double CNC machined hard anodized aluminum chainring, clean installation ( please post a picture of your cyclone built vs the Bikee Bike build).
Walter, do you have any interest in trying to picture the Cyclone and Bafang motors better than the others? Please explain that because all your previous posts about other motors are at the same level of this one. You only seem to appreciate what's sold on Luna Cycle webshop and try to put down anything else. And the length of your appreciation comment for Cyclone motor on Luna website gives me a strong hint about that.
All the Best