Firmware, throttle and other questions on TSDZ2

atxmarmot

10 mW
I know there is a giant thread ... and I have read large parts of it, but I am still unclear about a few things.

I bought a TSDZ2 (48V version) last year and for various reasons I only got around to setting it up recently. It is mounted on a commuter bike, with a 52V battery using a buck converter to bring the voltage down so it can be used. From what I understand from the monster thread, the firmware from Casainho (thanks btw!) would allow me to feed the battery directly to the motor as well as access to lots of other configuration options. OK, so here go the questions:

1. If I do the firmware flashing and therefore switch to the KT LCD3, will I be able to use a throttle? Does that connect directly to the display? It is not clear to me if all the motors have the possibility in principle to be operated with a throttle ...
2. I have read in different places that the motor could be used without a display by shorting some pins? ... is that correct? What does that give up exactly and what functionality remains.

I have set this bike as a fairly stealthy commuter and I really just need regular access to the torque assist level and I would like a throttle for some tricky intersections that I like to speed through.

Cheers!

So, basically RTFT? That was very helpful ...

In case other lost souls are wondering about the same questions I had. The throttle can be incorporated, but requires some soldering into the integrated motor controller (not the display) to make the connectors available. The discussion is around page 90+-10 pages, I can't quite remember. For the other question, I am not far enough into the thread to have found the answer ... or maybe I missed it altogether within all the other discussions in there.

atxmarmot said:
So, basically RTFT? That was very helpful ...

Those replies always drive me nuts. Some of the threads are WAY too big to just "scan through". Imagine if every book didn't have a table of contents or an encyclopedia with no order or semblance. That's kind of what those massive threads are like. They need their own Wiki/Sticky.

Back