SURRON LB: RESEARCH & DEVELOPEMENT

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
pipeking   100 mW

100 mW

Re: SURRON LB: RESEARCH & DEVELOPEMENT

Post by pipeking » Oct 01 2019 12:39am

Haha so pretty much exactly what I said would happen, I would love to race you on my sur ron everyone thinks they are fast :lol: So when you say the rear bucks around, do you think its because the bike now just follows the fork? funny that

thoroughbred   10 W

10 W

Post by thoroughbred » Oct 08 2019 9:14am

The CRF forks are working great. Most of the theoretical problems with this swap are non-issues in my riding environment. I want a stable motorcycle feel rather than a twitchy mountainbike feel and, not surprisingly, the crf forks provide that. Steep descents are especially more friendly now.

The CRF forks have used about 8.5 inches of available travel, the DNM forks used about 7 inches of their available travel.

Running more air in the rear tire helps but the thin carcass is at its limit as trail speed increases. I'm trying out a Dunlop Geomax next to see how that feels back there.

pipeking   100 mW

100 mW

Post by pipeking » Oct 09 2019 3:43am

yep I reckon the geomax on the rear and scorpion on the front

skyungjae   10 kW

10 kW

Post by skyungjae » Oct 11 2019 8:00am

A drop in 72V battery is now available that doesn't require you to sacrifice your OEM one. Great for those who are running aftermarket controllers.

https://litespeedbikes.mybigcommerce.co ... or-surron/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 11 2019 9:08am

skyungjae wrote:
Oct 11 2019 8:00am
A drop in 72V battery is now available that doesn't require you to sacrifice your OEM one. Great for those who are running aftermarket controllers.

https://litespeedbikes.mybigcommerce.co ... or-surron/
That will wake things up.

Merlin   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Merlin » Oct 14 2019 7:08pm

the problem is that this dude gives a shit about rated cells.

advertise with 200A+ and doing a 10p battery with 30q cells...rated @15A peak....so simply a 150a P E A K battery.
he also using only a 50a BMS and bypasses discharge. not a big problem if using the bms as a cell monitor. but he tells also ppl that bms is "working" on charging.
if you bypass the bms on discharge, it cant disconnect your B- on charging also. so its only a cell monitor and not a single safety feature.
for ppl who knows what they do i didnt see any problems but since surron reached the market, the world, thousands of "not so experienced" guys are running now EVs without even the knowledge to change their brakepads and after some weeks, the usualy wish grows up-------MOAHHH POWAAAAAA.

Buying a 1500$ Battery with 600$ cells and a 50$ bms without any security feature as the original battery has simply a taste of rip off new EV guys.

edit: oh i see....200A continue and 300A Peak..... that doesnt make it better......vtc6=same price, capable to 300a peak...but still using 30q <- thats what i asked him....-> no anwer.

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Ohbse » Dec 16 2019 2:25am

Agreed the rating on that pack is extremely dubious. I've built a lot of 30q packs and would never specify a 10p pack as 200a continuous. With that topology and density I suspect it would get pretty toasty at half that.

20a single cell discharge in free air gets to 80c before it's done.

In other news, has anybody come across some verified test results from the surron motor? Phase to phase, no-load etc? I'm looking to create some vehicle simulations so I can predict performance. I have a dumb idea about setting some drag race records with a moped and would prefer to verify feasibility.

I'm also looking for any detailed models of the frame/suspension, purely in the interest of saving myself a bunch of time developing an auxiliary battery pack and a relocation for my taillight assembly.