TSDZ2 750W intermittently losing power

wesblog

1 mW
I have a new 750W 48V TSDZ2 (purchased from ebird w/ VLCD2 display) but I am having issues with the motor losing power seemly randomly. The display remains on with no error messages but the motor just stops providing assistance.

Sometimes the power drops mid-ride and it wont start up again for 20 minutes or more. Sometimes it cut off and on more quickly. Turning the bike off and back on again won't get it to work again. I've tested the battery on another bike without any issues.

• Dont think it is speed sensor. It registers accurately the whole time. And (when the power is randomly off) disconnecting the speed sensor will not resolve things.
    Don't think it is the battery or connections. The voltage reads fine. And I've gone on a few 10 miles rides without issues.
    Don't think it is overheating. Sometimes it wont start at all on the beginning of the ride.

I have a 500w TSDZ2 installed on another bike and it has worked flawlessly for over a year. I tried asking ebird for a replacement for the 750w, but I was quoted $160 for return shipping.

I'm not using the brake sensors. Could the motor possibly be getting triggered that I'm braking somehow?
Has anyone else encountered this issue? Or do you have any suggestions?

Here's a video of the 750w and 500w bikes I built:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QpxTQtMzZGNg7fSE8

wesblog said:
I have a new 750W 48V TSDZ2 (purchased from ebird w/ VLCD2 display) but I am having issues with the motor losing power seemly randomly. The display remains on with no error messages but the motor just stops providing assistance.

Sometimes the power drops mid-ride and it wont start up again for 20 minutes or more. Sometimes it cut off and on more quickly. Turning the bike off and back on again won't get it to work again. I've tested the battery on another bike without any issues.

• Dont think it is speed sensor. It registers accurately the whole time. And (when the power is randomly off) disconnecting the speed sensor will not resolve things.
    Don't think it is the battery or connections. The voltage reads fine. And I've gone on a few 10 miles rides without issues.
    Don't think it is overheating. Sometimes it wont start at all on the beginning of the ride.

I have a 500w TSDZ2 installed on another bike and it has worked flawlessly for over a year. I tried asking ebird for a replacement for the 750w, but I was quoted $160 for return shipping.

I'm not using the brake sensors. Could the motor possibly be getting triggered that I'm braking somehow?
Has anyone else encountered this issue? Or do you have any suggestions?

Here's a video of the 750w and 500w bikes I built:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QpxTQtMzZGNg7fSE8

Some unit does have problem, my 48v 500w does have the same problem and I'm at the same boat with you, except my quote to ship it back is 200+. After hours troubleshooting with vendors (dude is very cool but there is nothing can be done).

What I did to remedy it a little bit is do not step on pedal when you turn it on, leave it complete free.

Move the speed sensor back and forward a little bit.

My unit has the problem cut off at 43v (For 48v battery), so I just bite it and charge it above.

beartaco said:
When the power cuts out, what does the battery meter show?

Battery meter always shows full (except for the few good rides I've had on it where I've managed to drop the meter to like 80%). There isn't any indication something is wrong other than the motor suddenly stops providing assistance.

Back