Building out a BBSHD fatbike

DeathBlade

100 W
Well, long ago I started building my own fatwheel bomber style aluminum frame with shinko 21" enduro tires at techshop.
If anybody was a techshop member you know how that ended :twisted: , well I lost a lot of stuff in the mad rush out frame/fork. When I started it in 2013 fat bike stuff was so expensive so dirt bike parts, now a few years later fatbike stuff is much cheaper!
If anybody needs a cromotor v3, lyen 10kw controller and other parts they have 0 miles on them. :D

Old build thread all the photobucket pictures are gone :(
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60284&p=901372#p901372

Well I grabbed one of the costco northrock fatbikes.

And then I grabbed a 100mm BBSHD and threw that on.

With a 42t sprocket vs the stock 46 steel jobber. (found it on amazon cheap)

The first dirtbike wheel I was going to use compared to the stock fatbike wheel

Now to add a USD8 fork and some 203mm rotors

Now some 10ah lipos, for a 12s2p pack

Now for a BMS I got in one of the bluetooth BMS I thought I ordered a 12s but seemingly I ordered a 13s
So I need some help help with that, if anybody can give me a hand.
I know they just use a 15s board and jumper curtain balance leads for different cell configurations so I should probably jumper 3-4 I think I'm good with that now I know there is a K1 switch port to turn the bms off does anybody know if it that is NC or NO?
Now I know they used all the same mosfets so the charging port is not functional, has anybody soldered new mosfets on to use the charge port?

Do you have any pics of the new build? If so, you could attach them directly to the post, uploading them to ES in the attachments tab when you're posting or editing a post, and then they won't disappear like the PB stuff did (and other external sites will eventually do).

Yeah pics are great to have, I found this if anyone is interested
https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/ask-lunacycle/ask-a-question/65056-costco-northrock-xc00-fat-bike-300-with-100mm-bbshd

It is a Costco bike, sold in Canada for $489(CDN) and in USA. Atlus, 1x7

markz said:
Yeah pics are great to have, I found this if anyone is interested
https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/ask-lunacycle/ask-a-question/65056-costco-northrock-xc00-fat-bike-300-with-100mm-bbshd

It is a Costco bike, sold in Canada for $489(CDN) and in USA. Atlus, 1x7

From the look of it, that's a surprisingly not-horrible bike, for a BSO. It probably needs to be taken apart, lubricated, and tuned up (like all such things). The brakes are suspect (unknown, rather than obviously good or bad), but everything else seems more or less okay.

You could do a lot worse for an e-bike conversion.

It is a step up from a B.S.O. that is for sure!
Kenda tires, Velo seat and grips, Tektro brake levers and rotors, Altus SL-M310 rapid-fire, Derailleur: Shimano Altus
I heard, and it maybe a rumor, that Costco always sells at 10% markup.

How much would you pay for a used Northrock XC00 Fat Bike ?

The only other option, atleast in Canada is this bike. But the Costco one is better.
The CCM Bluto 4.0 is about the same, 7spd Atlus shifter and derailleur

Chalo said:
From the look of it, that's a surprisingly not-horrible bike, for a BSO. It probably needs to be taken apart, lubricated, and tuned up (like all such things). The brakes are suspect (unknown, rather than obviously good or bad), but everything else seems more or less okay.

Some random guy in the YT vids on the reviews of the Costco bike stated the frame is made by Giant.
I am really debating whether to get the Northrock XC00 or just cheap out for a used $100 Deviant fatty.
Biggity fatty from Canadian Tire is also a choice, its a bit longer then the Brute 4.0. But both price points are in the same ballpark as the XC00.

Chalo said:

Back