We have been working on an update to the LMX 81, our first bike using our patented double freewheel drivetrain.
The 81 was very popular, we produced 40 bikes total in house and due to this limited production capacity, they were always sold out.
However, production for this bike was very complicated for us : the integrated motor is a structural part of the frame, so we had to disassemble, machine, rework the engines... A LOT of work and scrap parts.
The other issue for the LMX 81 production is the integrated battery. It enabled us to fit 1kwh of battery in the exact shape we needed, but the battery is not removable and the battery production is too time consuming.
So after 3 new prototypes and evolution of this idea...
NEW LMX 64 BIKE Enter the LMX 64, our latest creation reaching new levels of integration, stealth and offroad efficiency.
We keept the 81 drivetrain, and worked on integration, cost reduction, geometry.
The essencial control element we added is the integration of a torque sensor and pedelec modes on top of throttle modes.
The end product is a bike with :
- 6082-T6 aluminium frame made in house in France
- Powdercoating finish
- 160/160mm travel
- RST Stitch 36 air fork
- DNM RCP2 rear shock
- Halo 27.5"wheels
- Kenda Hellkat 2.4" tires
- Flip chip in the shock mount to adjust geometry by 1° for head tube and 8mm for BB height
- 65° head tube angle
- 76° seat tube angle
- 340mm bottom bracket height
- 660mm reach in L size
- 610mm reach in M size
- 165 or 170 cranks available
- 125mm dropper seatpost
- 203mm 4 piston TRP e-bike brakes
- 11 speed sram NX drivetrain
- separeate chain and freewheel system (our patented tech)
- 850WH 14S5P removable battery
- designed for 2000W+ peak power
- 12 mosfet controller with high phase amps = high torque (now testing nucular controller with very promising results after fiddling with ASI for months without achiving our goal)
As we are now working on public release for this bike we wanted to get some feedback from you guys about it.
The improvement points are mainly on the the drivetrain noise wich is quite high, not GNG mid drive high, but definitely more than most mid drive engines.