Fitting BBS02 in a 84mm botton bracket ?

Antenor

100 W
I wanted to put a bbs02 engine on a downhill suspension bike. I have not yet bought the bike, but the type of bicycle that is arranged at a good price and with good components all with 83mm bottom bracket. I'm talking about scott gambler, santacruz v10 and the like.

Can adapt bbs02 on this bike? Do I have to cut the botton bracket?

If you are seeing other makes and models of downhill bikes with the 73mm bracket please tell me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for the link, but the information is more for putting a motor with a bracket bigger in a smallest botton bracket than the other way.

Can i cut the botton bracket from 83 for 73?

If yes what side should i cut?

Thanks

Don't cut either side until you're sure the motor won't hit the chainstays before it's seated in the BB. Another consideration (with BBS02 and probably with BBSHD) is the distance from the crank to the chainstays on the right side is 15-20 mm farther than the left side (hence the Lekkie "offset" cranks); this may influence your decision. Finally, FME, installing a 68 BBS02 in a 73 BB doesn't provide enough threads to use a lock nut. Some individuals have had success using Lock Tite with no lock nut, but my system came loose, so I reinstalled it on a bike with a 68 BB.

Back