TSDZ2 free spinning not enganging

happy_chappy

100 µW
Hello. Was wondering if anyone could help. Quite often, my cranks spin without engaging the gearing/motor at all. They are just completely loose. This seems to happen irregularly and only for a few spins - until I stop and try pushing the pedals again or pedal harder maybe (I need to do more testing). It does seem to happen more often when I am going from not pedaling - freewheeling for a second or so. Any ideas what the problem could be guys?

If you mean the pedals don't engage the chain or motor or anything else, then if there's a freewheel in the cranks then that's probably failing--pawls inside are sticking down. YOu might be able to clean it with WD40 or similar to free them up, or soak it in an oil bath.

Could be the springs inside are broken, in which case you'd need to replace the freewheel (unless you can get new springs).

Thank you, I will look into these and probably try to fix it in the next 2 weeks

It started once every now and again and a few months down the line it's doing it almost every few minutes.
The problem persists with the motor being completely disconnected from electricity as well.
I do have it slip a bit when higher torque is applied as well

Back