TSDZ2 lunacycle Edition??

cafu02

10 mW
Hey guys
I'll looking to get the TSDZ2 for m setup. lunacycle now have a version of the motor.
The spec is showing a few different options or Descriptions
Any info on thoughts of what is so special about this Edition compare to the others.
Trying to see if it is worth the extra $$$ getting it from them.

- Special high performance edition made for LUNA
- Reinforced motor mount to prevent motor flex

They said the same thing about their Xiongda motor.It was a special version for handleing 1000w.But when I asked Bonnie at Xiongda,she told me they did not make any special versions,and 1000w was to much for the small motor

As far as i can tell, they just lied about the Xiongda 2-speed motor, and still are.

The actual continuous power of that motor is approximately 300 watts per the dyno graph supplied by the vendor.
Yes, overvolting a motor can increase it's power, but it won't take you from 300w to the 1000w claimed.

I don't know about the TSDZ2 enough to make a comment on that. But buyer beware when you're dealing with a company that is, in general, not honest about specifications.

And be really careful when evaluating comments from anyone who has a hard on for a company and slams them every time he can. I haven't seen any complaints from individuals who purchased the Xiongda from Luna.

Also be skeptical of someone who does not support their arguments with data and perpetually defends one company when their marketing fibs are pointed out.

Here is the dyno graph from Xiongda, in relation to the 2 speed motor i was talking about. The efficiency point chosen by Xiongda correlates with the ~300w power claim.

xiongda.gif

You will notice that at 360w, the motor is in the 76% efficiency range. A motor this small cannot perpetually shed 90 watts of heat. So this test at 36 volts is actually a stretch to begin with.

Just because people have not complained in public does not mean that Luna's misinformation about this motor is not correct.

Data talks, bullshit walks..

Sorry to continue to derail discussion further, but..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59369&start=100

This thread is actually chock full of reports of the stock motor, AND luna's edition of it failing in extremely short time spans.

I bought a Xiongda YTW-06 and it failed ( mechanically siezed ) in less than a mile. Upon opening it, i realized why. It was not constructed correctly. Bolts were stripped. Parts were left out.

The replacement motor had less stripped bolts but still had construction flaws. I am beyond the point of being able to intervene through paypal.

Got good reason to believe that Xiongda is probably selling garbage-tier products across the board.

The TSDZ2 seems to have it's share of problems. I would suspect that lunacycle's edition is running the open source firmware developed on this forum, which you can easily install yourself and save yourself a bit of cash in the process. Beefing up the stock mount isn't some impossible task either.

2old said:
And be really careful when evaluating comments from anyone who has a hard on for a company and slams them every time he can. I haven't seen any complaints from individuals who purchased the Xiongda from Luna.

If you email Bonnie at Xiongda,she will confirm they dont make a special 1000w version.
bonnie@xiongdamotor.com.cn

I wish luna Cycle would list some more detail about this in the product description

Back