tsdz2 torque assist failure?

grim65

1 µW
Hi
I have a Tongsheng tsdz2 36v 350w,with v-lcd5,speed sensor,thumb throttle and brake levers.Has done 1,050klms.Recently the torque sensing has stopped giving any assistance at all on all 4 power settings.The speed sensor magnet was out of alignment,realigned and speedo working again but no assistance.Still drives well via thumb throttle.Have checked all electrical plugs o.k.I have tried speed sensor,brake levers plugged and unplugged,speed limit on or off.No result. I have noticed when using the thumb throttle the brake levers don't cut the motor.I have no tried this previously as i ride by pedal power only. Can anybody advise me how to run any tests to locate the cause of this problem. Thanks.

What happened between when it was working and when ti was not?

Were you just riding along and it quit?

There is almost always some incident between working and failure that can give details to narrow down cause.

Started new trip noticed a problem from the start,no assist and no speed reading.Readjust magnet to correct position,I now have speed readings but no assist.Stop traveling and turn off system,restart as per normal staying stationery and no pressure on the pedals.v-lcd5 starts as normal, some assistance felt on and off for a short distance only then nothing on any power settings.The only problem i have had before is when the speed sensor magnet moves.No speed reading/no assistance,realign magnet problem solved but not now.

Back