TSDZ2 versions and throttle

sjuft

1 mW
Im buying a TSDZ2 motor for a bike projekt. The seller has a version both with or without throttle and e-brakes. I have no use of the e-brakes but i think i want to try the throttle for fun.

So is there any difference in the motors/controller/lcd between throttle/non-throttle version?
And can i run the throddle version without the throttle and ebrakes? (I guess ill just unplug them from the lcd?)

Or is there any reason to go with the non-throttle version, when throttle version is only 5$ more including a throttle.

Spend the $5. If you don't like it un plug it. I find mine infinitely useful for starting off and the odd blip to maintain momentum when pedaling is inconvenient.

I don't think there's any reason not to go the throttle version - I have it. I don't use it much but useful to have when walking with bike, or if I am just jumping on bike quickly and can just give a quick blast with throttle (note on TSDZ2 throttle doesn't give full power / boost).

Definitely get the throttle. It is small and unobtrusive and you don't have to use it. Plus the throttle version comes with the 8 wire cable that may be useful later if you want to go open source. The e-brakes... not really necessary, just a safety thing. I'd say if you get the throttle you might want the brakes (or sensors for disc brakes). They kill the motor if the throttle gets stuck or if the motor otherwise runs away. Not very likely but probably more likely to happen if you have the throttle.

raylo32 said:
Plus the throttle version comes with the 8 wire cable that may be useful later if you want to go open source.

Hi Raylo32,
Can you tell me more about that ? Is it because we can use the throttle wire for the temperature probe, or is there another reason?

Back