Befang Ultra- Chainring, Spider Options?

Flash-FX

10 mW
Is everyone running the Ultra drives with the stock provided 44T stock steel chain rings? And how about the stock steel chain ring spider. Anyone know if there is a aluminum version available? A 32-34T 104 BCD is something I could use. Just trying to be a little more realistic with the gearing and the weight.

Ok, since there are none commercially available yet (Luna Cycle?), I had to make my own. The lower gearing really helps in off road conditions. Also reduces current draw. Here are a couple pictures (also posted over on my fatbike build).

Attachments

• IMG_5034.jpg
    IMG_5034.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_5035.jpg
    IMG_5035.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_5032.jpg
    IMG_5032.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 700
Hi i was looking for good chainring option, i'm using 40T that bafang provide now want to make it at least 36T. Where did you got your chainring, is it strong enough for the motor :eek:

Hi i was looking for good chainring option, i'm using 40T that bafang provide now want to make it at least 36T. Where did you got your chainring, is it strong enough for the motor :eek:

Ishtar_Cinline said:

The standard supplied Bafang chain ring has 5 arms, or 130 BCD. The 130BCD 38T ring is the smallest one you can get to fit your setup. The chain ring I made is a 4 arm, 104 BCD, to accept much smaller sprockets. These are plenty strong. Sounds like you need one too. Sorry, I am not making any more.

Back