Whatever happened to Lyen?

flat tire

100 kW
So a few years ago Lyen's controllers were all the rage and got constant mention on these forums but he doesn't seem to have updated anything. I guess he still sells the trap wave controllers, but what happened? Did he get too good of a real job? Was he burned out on supporting ebikers with technical issues? Too much competition? FWIW I have 2 or 3 of his controllers and he had excellent support. Don't use them anymore tho cuz it's nice to have a silent running motor.

Lyen is still active as far as I know. See his web page stock list at lyen.com

I still use some heavily upgraded 18fet square wave controllers with the cromotor and the X5404. They are not cogging, and the X54 is very silent.

The QS motor V3 does not like square wave. It does fry them.

My first controller was a Lyen 18fet with a Cycle Analyst from Justin. I liked it because I could program in the LVC. I still have it. I was thinking yesterday I should get it out again. I am using a cheap Sunwin controller currently. I have 2 or 3 Sunwins, they are trapzoidal too. My next cont will be regen for braking and sinewave with prog lvc.

I recently emailed Edward Lyen and he got straight back to me eager to help my enquiry. So i am guessing he is still in his basement selling and fixing up controllers.

Back