24inch front

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
bonald   10 mW

10 mW

24inch front

Post by bonald » Jul 12 2018 1:16pm

Can someone guide me.
I live on a remote place and no one has 24 inch rims.

My ebike is a Giant DH comp with a rear hub in a 24inch wheel.

I want the change the front one to a 24inch. It needs a 20mm hub. My fork is the stock Manitou that came with the bike.

I can buy the wheel and spoke on ebike.ca but they charge me 175$ for shipping. So I need another option.

In on East side of Canada.
Giant DH Comp - 20s MXUS DD - Greentime 40A
Peugeot MTB. 20s Bafang BPM - Infineon 25A

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Re: 24inch front

Post by Chalo » Jul 12 2018 2:05pm

bonald wrote:
Jul 12 2018 1:16pm
Can someone guide me.

I want the change the front one to a 24inch. It needs a 20mm hub. My fork is the stock Manitou that came with the bike.

I can buy the wheel and spoke on ebike.ca but they charge me 175$ for shipping. So I need another option.

Dan's Competition (danscomp.com) has both, and good prices. The rims are 36 spoke. You have to call them by phone to order spokes. I'm not sure what their international shipping policy is.

Chain Reaction Cycles from England is known for having very good pricing, often more than low enough to offset the cost of overseas shipping.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Re: 24inch front

Post by markz » Jul 12 2018 2:49pm

Chain Reaction is quick, I believe they are in Belfast but I've ordered 4 shipments from them, reasonable s/h prices and fast.
They are 8 or 9 hrs ahead and usually gets to Alberta within days.
Their rims are hit and miss in terms of 36H, I am constantly looking at their 26" because I go through a lot of spokes and rims.
Now for spokes, Dans Comp, ebikes.ca in Vancouver is very reasonable for custom cut spokes with great s/h prices, ebikes also sells rims so take a look.

Chalo wrote:
Jul 12 2018 2:05pm
bonald wrote:
Jul 12 2018 1:16pm
Can someone guide me.

Dan's Competition (danscomp.com) has both, and good prices. The rims are 36 spoke. You have to call them by phone to order spokes. I'm not sure what their international shipping policy is.

Chain Reaction Cycles from England is known for having very good pricing, often more than low enough to offset the cost of overseas shipping.