Tire failure

D-Man

100 kW
Thump Thump Thump Thump Thump...... KA-BOOM!!!
Luckily I was about home with a full load of groceries. It was an old tire.
Very loud though!

Attachments

• IMG_1826.JPG1.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG1.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,845
If you like riding worn out tires, I believe there is a promotion at your local bike shop: 3 for free. :mrgreen:

It's going to take a lot of slime to fix that one...

That could be bad at high speed.

... a little Gorilla tape and a handful of patches and yer good to go ... I think. Or at least as good as you were before it blew out... :lol:

:lol:
I guess my tube is not fixable. It has a 5/8" hole in it. Maybe you might like to see my sidewall patch I did awhile back. It worked. It had a big hole! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1829.JPG1.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG1.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,785
It looks like I may be able fix the tube for $2. Slime makes some bigger patches for wheel barrels etc. I run double thick tubes which run about $13.

I got some new tires! I haven't used Kenda before but I see them being used on new E-bikes. They roll pretty good. A quiet hum to them. Only running 30 psi right now as they break in.

Attachments

• IMG_1833 (2).JPG1.JPG
    IMG_1833 (2).JPG1.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 1,677
:lol: It said 75psi max pressure. I was only at 50 psi. I usually run 40 though but I need new batteries so I pumped up higher. What really sucks is that they keep discontinuing my tires. I had some Michelins that were really nice. They were 2.3 but actually measured 2.5". Great tire. Its gone! Now I buy these Kenda that are suppose to be 2.3 (58mm) and they are only 56mm. Maybe they will stretch. Probably should of got the 2.5. :roll:

I run the bigger tires because I have heavy sla's on board. The slicks were 26x2.2 which are long gone discontinued. I wanted to go bigger so I got Michelin 26x2.3's. They were nice and big and only weighed 670g! Eventually one got a lump so I took that one off and put the worn slick back on and it lasted for awhile. I try to buy light tires and don't want a stiff brick. The tires I just got weigh 820g's.

I got a 100 miles on my new Kenda K-rad tires wire bead. No flats yet. Running 28 psi in front, 30 psi rear. It cuts right through a long stretch of asphalt milling.

I've lowered down to 24psi front, 28psi rear. Tires still working after 200 miles and no flats. I see a "gas tax" sign on the side of the road saying they are going to fix the pavement. Good thing I'm not paying much for it. :mrgreen:

Whats the model of the Michelin tire that states 2.30 but it 2.50?

D-Man said:
:lol: It said 75psi max pressure. I was only at 50 psi. I usually run 40 though but I need new batteries so I pumped up higher. What really sucks is that they keep discontinuing my tires. I had some Michelins that were really nice. They were 2.3 but actually measured 2.5". Great tire. Its gone! Now I buy these Kenda that are suppose to be 2.3 (58mm) and they are only 56mm. Maybe they will stretch. Probably should of got the 2.5. :roll:

The model was Pilot Sport protek 26x2.3 (folding bead) but it's been renamed to Michelin Energy.(same tread) The biggest size is only 26x1.85 since the new name.

Back