Anyone recognize this bike?

Hwy89

10 kW
This bike is on Seattle craigslist in a non working condition. The seller does not know the brand or if it was converted or originally an ebike. I will probably go look at it in the next week.
Has anyone seen one? If it is a cheap China bike I could avoid a couple hundred miles of driving to go look at it.

image.jpeg

Vaguely reminds me of teh Yi Fei fatbike I worked on for Cvin:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84304

file.php

BTW, is that pinstriping, or EL wire on the bike? I think I've seen a few EL-wire-lit conversions here on ES; couldn't find a fatbike with it but it seems familiar somehow.

I think you are right Amber. Any opinion on the quality of the one you worked on?
I will be going to look at the bike next Tuesday if it is still for sale. It isn't working and the seller doesn't seem to be mechanically inclined. As long as the motor isn't fried I'm prepared to replace the controller and battery. That 36 volt Bafang 500 W should be much happier with 54 volts.
The first thing I will do is strip all that pin striping off. I find it very disturbing😁
image.jpeg

Hwy89 said:
Any opinion on the quality of the one you worked on?
Generic (well, Bafang) hubmotor system (geared, IIRC), cadence PAS, I think it also had a throttle, can't recall exactly how the system worked in detail. Cheap generic bike, brakes, wheels, shifter, etc. Nothing special, that I could tell.

The one I worekd on was 48v, probably 13s, but the charger was for a 14s. Seems like a recipe for eventual disaster, but I guess there havent' been any problems with it yet.

And the battery's meter wires were not connected to the meter at all. (dunno if they ever had been). (that's' why I was working on it in the first place).

So, if it's really cheap, it's probably worth it, even if the battery is dead and controller fried, if you want a basic e-fatbike.

Looks a lot like this bike with fenders added.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/d/san-jose-electric-fat-tire-beach-snow/6931205716.html

Back