Power switch names

BYqSXt8Z

100 W
Hello, I'm having a really hard time finding the correct replacement keyed lock / power switch for my battery pack... What's the real name for the / the nomenclature? I can't find the right one for the big rectangular battery boxes like pictured.
4ea4c617b12e110c7a965ab7521acc94.jpg
6fabe674e1e0692258eae7abdea83ea5.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

They're also generally rated for about 12v and 20 amps. pump more through them and they do that: exactly what's in your pic. The high voltage arcs, erodes the contact points until they don't conduct as well, causing resistance that heats up the switch. It doesn't happen right away, but the End result, melt down.

Because very little about the common Chinese ebike stuff is well designed, or uses things within their specs.

For instance, quite a few scooters and battery packs used the IEC *AC* plug on the *DC* side of things, which has led to destruction or damage of battery packs in some cases, when the AC plug gets connected directly to the battery pack. (usually the chargers for thise don't have a separable AC-side cord, probalby specifically to prevent that sort of problem, but IEC cords are really common, so most people have one or more laying around, and don't necessarily understand the charger box is necessary).

All sorts of "little things" are misused in these systems, because they do work, often for a long time, before something bad (sometiems really bad) happens. But since it's already sold at that point, the manufacturer or seller doesnt' have to worry about it anymore, it's not their problem.

Yep. Chinese engineering at it's finest. An odd mix or parts so overbuilt they will survive long after humanity is gone, and parts so under rated that people get killed so often we have grown numb to it.

You can make your own key that can take the power, if you want, or just bypass it entirely. You could also replace it with another key switch. it will last for a while, especially if you never switch it while it's under load, but it will eventually fail again.

Making a key is as easy as soldering the wires to something like an XT90 connector Female end, then using JBweld putty to make a mount that fills that controller hole and holds the connector so it can be connected through the opening. Then, take the Male end of the connector, solder a short across the ends where the wires would go, use some JBweld putty to close off that end, and maybe make a handle or finger grip. Then when you want to turn the battery on, plug in the key you made. to turn it off, unplug it.

Back