can I add a throttle to this controller?

The laws regarding electric bikes have just changed in Belgium allowing us to use a throttle and go up to 1000W without licence and registration or insurance, so I decided to buy the bafang bbs02, and I'm loving it.
My uncle however has a pedal assistance only bike, but would like to have a throttle as well, the easiest thing to do in his case would be to buy a new controller seeing as his original controller does not have the connector for a throttle, but on https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63242&hilit=ikea+throttle blueswede added a throttle anyway on his own controller, so I figure with the help of this forum I too could make it work.

Where do you think the ground, +5v and signal from the throttle should go on this pcb , if adding a throttle to this controller is even possible.
left.jpg right.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Do you know the name and/or model number of that controller? Perhaps someone has one with a throttle, and can help identify where it wires up. it's a long shot.

+5v should be easy, as any +5v pad will work. it's only used to power on the hall sensor(s). the signal wire is another matter. And then there is the problem of the board programming. it's possible that the controller's CPU is not programmed to accept a variable input from a throttle.

A throttle will generally be 3 to 5 wires, and for ease and speed in manufacturing, those wires will likely attach to a common location on the board. So I would start with looking for any 3 to 5 grouping of unused pads on the board.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been reading for some time, and finally had a question the search function could not answer.

Most ports are unused, eg: picture of the right side , on the bottom right only 3 out of 14 pads are used, 1 +5v, 2 gnd.
controller.jpg

Thanks Icewrench, based on the labels on blueswedes controller I assumed that it might be those as well, I'll try tonight.
left1.jpgright1.jpg

Back