Noseless saddle that works?

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Alex M   1 mW

1 mW

Noseless saddle that works?

Post by Alex M » Jul 27 2019 9:06pm

Style - lazy cruising, upright, no super-fast super-tight turns. Terrain - paved or hard packed dirt road. Speed - slow, wouldn't go over 12 mph on a dirt road, need to see ruts and potholes, on a paved it doesn't matter. Tires are 2.3".

Currently have "nosy" saddle C9 10.5"x10.5" https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Suspensi ... B07F7Z9M3Y, on a cheap suspension post. After 25-35 minutes my rear end gets restless, I shift it back where the seat is wider (doesn't help, it slides from rounded top down to where it belongs). Lifting the nose, after a while it makes feel it more in my man "bits" - so I guess my tilt is set where it should be.

I think I need either noseless saddle, or "nosy" but more flat and wide, without pronounced "bumps" in the rear - maybe this 13" wide Schwinn? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0717 ... 0DER&psc=1

I confess, got in the saddle aftermany years (decades!). Not obese, not to skinny either.

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Noseless saddle that works?

Post by markz » Jul 27 2019 10:26pm

None really work, you need the nose of the saddle when pedaling a bicycle.
You just require a really soft, springy seat.

Here is Chalo's comments LINK

Ford Prefect   1 W

1 W

Post by Ford Prefect » Jul 28 2019 4:11am

Look at SQ Lab. They have saddles with a step between the seat and the nose. So you have the nose for control but your most private parts have a little more wriggly freedom.
The fundamental laws of thermodynamics will place fixed limits on technological innovation and human advancement.

How would you react if I said that I'm not from Guildford after all, but from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Jul 28 2019 8:10pm