Is this used cargo ebike worth the price?

Battery life has little to do with calendar age and more about the life it's had.

If it's been stored at a proper voltage (not full, not empty), hasn't been subjected to high heat, and wasn't abused electrically, it really comes down to how many charge cycles it's had.

Assume you'll need to replace the pack within 6 months. If not then great, but for the value estimate.

My rule of thumb is half of the new price assuming the item is in good condition and not obsolete. So were it me, I'd look for $1250 as the price - especially with the big question mark on the batteries. That's not so say that $1250 is the right market price, it is just my general approach.

wturber said:
My rule of thumb is half of the new price assuming the item is in good condition and not obsolete. So were it me, I'd look for $1250 as the price - especially with the big question mark on the batteries. That's not so say that $1250 is the right market price, it is just my general approach.

+1
Half price is a good start. You never know the exact history of the bike. Doing a test run would be great. Ask the seller to fully load the battery before you arrive and take your voltmeter with you to test battery voltage.
> 54V = great.
> 53V = ok.
> 52V = acceptable.
< 51-52V = forget it.

Also pay attention to any strange noises on the bbs. But than again, even if its dead, that bike is GREAT for a strong rear hub motor (small wheel). Think brake help and Regen. I'd remove the bbs02 and put it on something lighter, like a commuter, and definitely mount a hub on that cargo.

Agree subtract battery price from original, then half price it if in very good condition. If well worn, then one third price. So $750 to a thou.

Me. Id be trying to get it for 250, because Im just a cheap bastard. I'd be hoping the seller had no idea what it is worth. Really good bike, even if you stripped off the motor.

bchaney said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up passing on the bike but will keep looking and have a better idea of how to value another bike in the future.

Good luck. The price did seem high given the unknowns.

I see a lot more of these bikes now, mainly in the morning with parents commuting with one or two kids out back. The powered bikes are mostly the Bosch mid drive version. I saw a guy in the path on Saturday, and he was hauling a huge load of cargo, so they look really sturdy.

If I had room in my garage, I could see building a long haul cruiser out of one, but I need to test ride one first. I see the bikes going over the same ruts I’m riding over, but it looks like the long wheel base smooths out the ride a lot even without suspension, so I’d to feel that for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back