suitable controller for Hub 3000W

azone

1 µW
Hello everyone,
i looking for suitable controller for bike 3000w hub motor. Can you help me? If possible, I don't want to aliexpres, ebay etc. Ideally european or other seriously seller . The setting should be : 20S8P Liion, battery current about 40Amp. I've read many pages, many topics, but I don't know the clear answer.

1/ Unit sabvoton they are said to be bad...
2/ I would like the controller BAC2000, but they say: phase current peak 220A, continous phase current free air only 51A!
3/ I would like the controller Phaserunner, but it has little current.

I do not understand, what is the relationship between battery DC current and phase current, but some topic say phase current = battery current * 2,50 (approximately). It is true?

My other requirements:
* sinewave
* variable regenative braking
* programmable
* I want CONTINOUS engine power about 3000W, not peak, not for 1 minute etc.

Regarding the "CONTINUOUS" power you are in the wrong ballpark altogether.

typically the rule is p(cont)=p(max)/2

So if you set it up 72V @ 40A you will have 2880W maximum, 1440W continuous. Someone with more knowledge should be able to elaborate on that.

ESCs and VESCs are often rated for 200A continuous.

I don't know if we understand each other.
Currently, i use my first ebike with MagicPie 13S6P Liion @ 22Amps, it is about 1000W. This power i can use continuously, without damaging the motor or controller! I use this build 3 years and no problem. And now i find components for 3000W Hub motor, again continously.

If your rule applies, so I am looking for a controller for 5760W.

image1-1-.jpeg

I do not have the engine definitely selected, but probably this MXUS https://www.elecycles.com/mxus-3000w-motor-brushless-electric-bike-rear-hub-motor.html or similar.

Back